News Windows 11: What We Know About Microsoft’s Likely Next OS

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Endre

Reputable
In the end.. the changes may be no more significant then a Windows 95 to Windows98 jump.. The idea that Windows is suddently going to fundamentally change how we interact with our PCs while running Win32 software is debatable.... because we know how many Metro/Modern/UWP productivity apps Microsoft released for Windows.

Do you know... if you click on a photo in File Manager, Display it with the Photos App, Decide you like to Email it someone... so You select Share To... and you are looking for Microsoft Outlook which is part of your Ofice 365 subscription..... uhhhh.. It don't work... funny... I can do that with my android phone (Outlook for Android will even prompt me to reduce the file size). Windows, File Manager, Photos and Outlook are from the same company and their isn't a seemless way to share.....

When I see that my wife, who is not as computer saavy as me, cannot accomplish things like this easily... I question if anyone in Redmond is even paying attention to users at all..... The only thing revolutionary about the next version of WIndows is that it will be monotized through subscription services, just like Azure and Office... I don't know even know why I'm posting this... no one cares....

Hello!
Let’s not be so negative.
I’m quite enthusiastic about this new release.
If going from Win10 to Win11 will be as much of a change as it was when users went from Win95 (16-bit) to Win98 (32-bit), that would be a pretty good jump.

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Hello!
Let’s not be so negative.
I’m quite enthusiastic about this new release.
If going from Win10 to Win11 will be as much of a change as it was when users went from Win95 (16-bit) to Win98 (32-bit), that would be a pretty good jump.
It's possible but we will have to wait and see. I personally would like to see Microsoft usher in a new file system, doubt that will happen. I would like to see them cut out all the legacy stuff and build and sell Windows 11 as a strictly 64 bit OS. I doubt that will happen either because of the billions of users.

To their credit Apple decided MacOS was going to be a strictly 64 bit OS and informed their developers of such. I'll be tuning in and I am hoping for a surprise unless the presentation is given by someone who is boring me to tears.

Bring it on MS !

Reactions: Endre

TRENDING THREADS