News Windows 11's RGB Control Software Is Finally Here

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not plugging in is rarely ever an option. Disassembly is required in most cases to physically disconnect which not only voids the warranty for most, but requires technical knowledge most do not posses. Anybody can simply flip a simple on/off switch, it's the easiest and least expensive solution to this perpetual problem. My motherboard from MSI is the first and only thing I have ever seen to finally get this simple task correct. They have a simple physical switch on the board to simply turn all of the rainbow crap off. One simple switch solves the entire problem. I love it!
Very little physical disassembly is required for most components with the exception of graphics cards. Most other parts have a physical cable within reach to disconnect. Most products these days have a non-RGB variant for sale. In my motherboard, an ASUS x570-f, it has a BIOS lighting option that turns off all A/RGB devices with exception of the graphics card. For that I have two options; pull the plug on the graphics card's PCB, or download and install EVGA precision X and disable the RGB followed by uninstalling the software. No RGB to worry about ever again.

t3t4

Proper
Sep 5, 2023
Are you talking about prebuilt? With custom made by yourself, opening a case or dissembling the case to find a cable won't void your warranty. Why add a feature to a mobo or case that caters to a small margin of people(In this case people who built a system inside a case but somehow can't open the case to unplug something)when it does nothing for the majority? It saves a bit of time, yes, but so does not buying unnecessary RGB.
No, it's not one thing, it's Everything! Every stick of RAM, every fan, every cooler, every mobo, some SSD's.... Etc. Don't matter pre-built or custom built, this RGB plague is already built in to almost everything and it's not easy to disable without running some garbage software that should have never been required from the start. I don't know the current polls, but the last I saw, there's more of us that hate RGB than those of you that don't.

A simple switch solves the problem for everybody, cheaply, easily, simply, effectively. That's all I'm sayin.

Crazyy8

Proper
Sep 22, 2023
No, it's not one thing, it's Everything! Every stick of RAM, every fan, every cooler, every mobo, some SSD's.... Etc. Don't matter pre-built or custom built, this RGB plague is already built in to almost everything and it's not easy to disable without running some garbage software that should have never been required from the start. I don't know the current polls, but the last I saw, there's more of us that hate RGB than those of you that don't.

A simple switch solves the problem for everybody, cheaply, easily, simply, effectively. That's all I'm sayin.
1 word. Software.(Hint, DON'T BUY RGB. There are plenty ram sticks https://pcpartpicker.com/product/p6RFf7/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3200c16 Plenty of fans https://pcpartpicker.com/product/68WfrH/arctic-p12-563-cfm-120-mm-fan-acfan00120a plenty of coolers https://pcpartpicker.com/product/F3gzK8/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-505-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk022 plenty of mobos https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JVJgXL/msi-b550-gaming-gen3-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-gaming-gen3 plenty of SSDs https://pcpartpicker.com/product/f3...b-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-mz-v8p2t0bam and if you don't like it, have software.)

Reactions: helper800

Adding a switch to everything also makes everything A/RGB. its also not a simple add-on piece of hardware like you say it would be. The manufacturers literally go over their designs and cut off features and materials to save 5 cents. What makes you think they are going to redesign all of their products and add a 30 cent switch to them? Also, that are huge assortments of non-A/RGB products available...

Here is a build I made in 5 minutes with 0 RGB.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor ($284.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 UD AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-7200 CL34 Memory ($126.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card ($719.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case ($80.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair HX850 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1707.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-05 13:00 EDT-0400

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazyy8

Crazyy8

Proper
Sep 22, 2023
Adding a switch to everything also makes everything A/RGB. its also not a simple add-on piece of hardware like you say it would be. The manufacturers literally go over their designs and cut off features and materials to save 5 cents. What makes you think they are going to redesign all of their products and add a 30 cent switch to them? Also, that are huge assortments of non-A/RGB products available...

Here is a build I made in 5 minutes with 0 RGB.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor ($284.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 UD AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-7200 CL34 Memory ($126.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card ($719.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case ($80.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair HX850 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1707.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-05 13:00 EDT-0400
That's what i'm saying, If you don't want RGB that's fine, there are options. Software, non-RGB products, smashing the RGB portion of the product against 1 grit concrete.

Reactions: helper800

t3t4

Proper
Sep 5, 2023
And this is why the world is so messed up! There is a simple, obvious solution staring everyone in the face, but all of you would rather argue and dance around it!

Crazyy8

Proper
Sep 22, 2023
And this is why the world is so messed up! There is a simple, obvious solution staring everyone in the face, but all of you would rather argue and dance around it!
It is simple, and the solution is already here. You just have to use the solution, even if you don' t like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.