[SOLVED] windows 1909 black screen before login

Sep 19, 2020
Good evening

It's seems incredible how fragile Windows 10 is as a system. I've recently installed 20H2, and I only pulled my headphone jack from the socket and system froze to the death, so I reinstalled again version 1909, since I had this problem with slow login and black screen on 20H2, I thought it would be ok with 1909. Obviously problem repeats itself and after boot I got black screen for at least 40 sec, and screen somehow goes on with picture and I have to wait another 20 sec to make login. I was thinking that might be issue with new nvidia driver 461.40, because I've never experienced something like that.
I got no apps running in the background, services are set as minimally as possible, all trash from windows store etc removed.
I dont know what causes this problem since I checked every possible settings, and components.

Cheers

Solution
audiodg.exe - Audio device graph isolation. Try updating your realtek sound drivers

slow logon in what way? it took ages to get to logon screen or something else?

what are specs of the PC?

can try running DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall older ones (or run windows update and let windows find older Nvidia drivers)

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional, 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all...
Could you post your system specs.
Install Windows (2004 or 20H2) again, and make sure only the disk where you are installing Windows is connected.
Let Windows install all updates before you install any drivers, apps or make settings changes.
Run Windows update manually until no updates are found.
Install the chipset drivers, then install the GPU drivers and then any other driver if required.

Sep 19, 2020
thanks mate for reply, but those options you've presented were already done couple of times.
it seems like idiots from microsoft have to stop issuing conflicting updates since that make problems with
settings on particular computer
in my case
trouble with audiodag.exe
problem with signing options

Colif

Win 11 Master
audiodg.exe - Audio device graph isolation. Try updating your realtek sound drivers

slow logon in what way? it took ages to get to logon screen or something else?

what are specs of the PC?

can try running DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall older ones (or run windows update and let windows find older Nvidia drivers)

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional, 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Solution