Windows 2000 Recovery Console

32 gB

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"John" wrote:
| Using Windows 2000 Recovery Console, what is the largest FAT32 Partition
| that can be created.
|
| Many thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Using W2K Recovery Console with a new 80 GB IDE, DISKPART allows a
partition of just under 80GB to be created. Will that be unreliable ?
should I restrict to 32 GB ?

Thanks

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message

> 32 gB
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect

> "John" wrote:
> | Using Windows 2000 Recovery Console, what is the largest FAT32 Partition
> | that can be created.
> |
> | Many thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

To answer my own Q, I guess DISKPART allows greater that 32 GB partitions to
be created for use with NTFS file system.

"John" <jmort@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Using W2K Recovery Console with a new 80 GB IDE, DISKPART allows a
> partition of just under 80GB to be created. Will that be unreliable ?
> should I restrict to 32 GB ?
>
> Thanks
>

> "Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> >
> > 32 gB
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
> > Microsoft Certified Professional
> > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> > "John" wrote:
> > | Using Windows 2000 Recovery Console, what is the largest FAT32
Partition
> > | that can be created.
> > |
> > | Many thanks

Correct.