Windows 2003 Server Logon

I have a Windows 2003 (standard Ed) Domain server. I am having problems with
a Windows 200 Prof workstation loging in to the Domain.. After it attempts to
logon, the screen "loading Profile and settings" sets there for as long as 1
hr, trying to load desktop. I have deleted the user, and computer from the
server active directory and created new (with same name though), but No
help. If I change the W2K-pro to log on as a workgroup, it loads in 10-20
sec.... Can some one help

First check the DNS settings on the client workstation.
Then check the user properties on Active Directory and see if you haven't
setup a roming profile. And the last thing ... delete the profile that was
just created for that user in Documents and Settings folder when you have
logged on to domain (be carefully not to delete something else).

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"Mike-FCC,INC" <MikeFCCINC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows 2003 (standard Ed) Domain server. I am having problems
>with
> a Windows 200 Prof workstation loging in to the Domain.. After it attempts
> logon, the screen "loading Profile and settings" sets there for as long as
> 1
> hr, trying to load desktop. I have deleted the user, and computer from
> the
> server active directory and created new (with same name though), but No
> help. If I change the W2K-pro to log on as a workgroup, it loads in 10-20
> sec.... Can some one help

Hello,
Try pointing the DNS settings to the DNS server IP in that clients TCP-IP
properties.