Windows 2012 server denies access to start.bat

Christian Dyer

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
Alright, I have looked over google for days now and have even contacted the owner of the file I'm trying to run, no one seems to know how to fix my issue.
The file I was to run is start.bat which was moved from my computer onto the server via filezilla, the permissions for the .bat file are 644. I have tried chmod to change it, chown to give root perms. I've also right clicked the file in filezilla and attempted to change it there, what it does is. It'll act like it was changed tell me it did it successfully then go right back to its old perms. I have access to root and root is located within the user group "Administrator".
Please note This is all done through a console screen via putty I do not have visual access to the computer
Its incredibly frustrating as I have a deadline to get the server in a working state. Please help and thank you for reading.

Christian Dyer

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015

How do I gain access as owner, I figured root would have full perms. Would you know the commands to find what group is listed with all perms?