Windows 7 (0xc000007b) error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOHAWK117

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I recently changed my os from 32 bit to 62 to bit and I noticed that some of the games (Dragonball xenoverse, Witcher 2 ) fail to open and they give the following error : "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) .Click OK to close the application" . My specifications are as follow:
Os: Windows 7 64 bit, graphics card: Nvidia GT 730 1 GB DDR5, Processor: Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+, Ram: 3 Gb, motherboard: asus M2N 68-AM. Now I've googled this problem and I found a lot of solutions and I've tried them but none of them seem to work..After I installed the new os I couldn't launch Metal Gear Solid V GZ it couldn't launch because msvcr.dll was missing.. So I downloaded the dll file and I placed it in the System 32 and the WOW(something :p) folder at the game started working but the other two ( dragonball xenoverse and the witcher 2 ) aren't opening and they keep giving the same error.. Now here's what I've tried...
I've tried Copying certain dll files (xinput1_3.dll, mcf100.dll,etc) to the system 32 and the wow folder . I've reinstalled .Net framework, directx, vcredids (Microsoft C ++ redistributable what ever you like to call it :p ) , I've also reinstalled the Graphics card drivers..But nothing seems to work..
Thanks in Advance Guys! ^_^

Solution
I would say because it hasn't installed properly. 32 bit programs/files still function on a 64 bit OS and a required in many places, the fact they are not functioning properly is indicative of a less than perfect install.

Please do a fresh install, from Windows and when asked by the installer, go online and get all the installation updates.

Andrew Murdoch

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
If you've tried all the stuff you mentioned already I think you've been pretty thorough. The only thing I could really suggest is make sure your motherboard doesn't require different/new chipset drivers or similar for 64bit. Best place would be manufacturer website.

I had serious issues for a while trying to diagnose what I thought was a c++ problem with win7 and xbox controllers but I actually needed a beta usb driver for my motherboard.
You could run the System File Checker to verify windows integrity. The Microsoft Fix-It pages that run .msi installers can be quite useful too if you haven't been there.

Andrew Murdoch

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I'm not sure why they would be ROMS but if they are it means they are 'virtual discs' essentially that have to be mounted in something like Daemon Tools or clonedvd or any other virtual drive manager.

Very strange they are not just normal install files or drivers.

MOHAWK117

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I installed the latest drivers for the windows 7 (They are five years old xD) and I ran system file checker and it didn't pick up any problem.. But I still can't fix the issue with those two games.. Any other fixes?

MOHAWK117

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I tried opening Dragonball Xenoverse through dependency walker and the text under the CPU column all read x86 even though i have a 64 Bit OS..A couple of dll files have AMD64 hilighted in red in the CPU column.. i'll try to get a pic of it up so it'll be easier to understand..

Andrew Murdoch

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I would say because it hasn't installed properly. 32 bit programs/files still function on a 64 bit OS and a required in many places, the fact they are not functioning properly is indicative of a less than perfect install.

Please do a fresh install, from Windows and when asked by the installer, go online and get all the installation updates.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.