Windows 7 64bit goes to 32bit automatically

Care_Bear

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Good day to all,

I have just done the clean install of Windows 7 on my system, because have encountered an issue during the free upgrade to windows 10 last month and I am also having issue installing my 2016 MS Office 64bit that I have purchased.

So I reinstalled my Windows 7 back to my system and I know that I have chosen x86 for 64Bit on the installation after I have formatted my HDD.

After doing that I was able to installed my 2016 MS Office 64bit and its still working now on my system.

I noticed that my OS now is 32bit is because I am having issue installing a VMWare 12 Pro software that only works on 64bit Operating system.

does anyone of you experience this type of issue before?

I would like to ask if there is any other option beside another clean install of the OS again just to install this VMWare 12 Pro that I need for my work.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Solution
As above ^, you selected a 32 bit setup, so it installed 32 bit Windows. You need to re-install it and this time do the 64 bit setup, no way to change it after setup.
"So I reinstalled my Windows 7 back to my system and I know that I have chosen x86 for 64Bit on the installation after I have formatted my HDD. "

If x86, then it's 32 bit.
Check the System type in Control Panel\System and Security\System if 32 or 64 bit.