Windows 7 and 10 freezing at startup logo after new hardware! Bootable USB, Disc and safemode freezing too!

RegalSeagull

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
EDIT: Found the issue. It was a bad RAM stick!

No matter what I do, my computer freezes on the Windows startup logo. This includes bootable USBs, discs and safemode, Windows 7 and 10.

Old build:
CPU: i5 2500k overclocked to 4.2
RAM: 8gb (4x2) Strontium Hynix 1600 MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R
GPU: RX 480 8GB
PSU: Corsair CS650M
Primary Drive: C: SSD 128
Other drives: 1Tb HDD, 2TB HDD, x2 128 HDD
Extra: Wireless card, Fan Controller, Disc Drive

New build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
MOBO: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3
GPU: RX 480 8GB
PSU: Corsair CS650M
Primary Drive: C: SSD
Other drives: 1Tb HDD, 2TB HDD
Extra: Disc Drive

Short version, I got a new motherboard, RAM and CPU. Ditched the Fan controller, wireless card and 2 HDD's. The RAM isn't on the QVL but is compatible according to partpicker.

So, with the new parts, my SSD wouldn't boot to Windows 7. In safemode it would freeze at system32\drivers\CLASSPNP. Even the repair disc would freeze at the logo! So would the original installation disc and a bootable USB, even when the SSD was unplugged. I then did the following:

• Went back to old components and verified could boot into W7 without issue.
    While in W7, backed up data to external HDD.
    Verified backup.
    Use this link to start the accessibility upgrade process and let it run its course.
    Once W10 is all booted and settled, used ProduKey to pull my Windows license key.
    Use this to create bootable Windows 10 installation media onto the flash drive.
    Powered PC down and change to your newer components.
    Boot from BIOS/UEFI into the W10 installation flash drive so I could install Windows 10 on second HDD.

At this point, it would freeze at the windows logo on the USB. I tried to run the SDD again, and it froze. I restarted and booted into the SSD a second time. It said it was beginning startup repaair but then froze on the circle loading dots.

I've been doing this for 9 hours and it's getting pretty tiresome!

I tried resetting the BIOS to the default settings. Didn't work. Tried unplugging everything but what is necessary. Didn't worked. One of the new parts is not happy.

Here's the BIOS settings if it helps.