Windows 7 backup keeps failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
I am trying to run Windows backup to my external USB 3.0 Toshiba drive, but the backup keeps failing when almost complete. I have never had this problem before with this drive. The drive appears to be fine; I ran check disk and no errors were found. I just keep getting an error from the backup program stating there is either a problem with the source or destination. Thoughts?

Solution

Don't know if you still have this problem. It seems to be quite common with USB 3.0 drives and so far no-one has come up with a reason.
It may possibly be due to some obscure timing problem.

I was getting backup failures almost every time with my WD external USB 3.0 drive. After many months of searching, there was no fix but I did find a workaround.

I connected my external drive to my PC via a USB 3.0 hub. You can get them for under £10. Since then I have not had a single backup failure.

crapperama

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Don't know if you still have this problem. It seems to be quite common with USB 3.0 drives and so far no-one has come up with a reason.
It may possibly be due to some obscure timing problem.

I was getting backup failures almost every time with my WD external USB 3.0 drive. After many months of searching, there was no fix but I did find a workaround.

I connected my external drive to my PC via a USB 3.0 hub. You can get them for under £10. Since then I have not had a single backup failure.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.