Windows 7 Beta 1 Goes Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamk890

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Looks like a clean shaven version of Vista to me. I haven't had the chance to play around with it yet but it looks like this one is going to have alot more sucess. On the first pic i saw i thought it was a blatent mac rip-off un'till i saw it was ruining in VM ware.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
so does it have dx11? any specific bugs i should be aware of? like should i only use it to 'play around with' or can it actually function like an os should?

hannibal

Distinguished
Well, well... light beta, heavy final version? I hope not.
To Ellipz330: It should have bugs because it is beta :) But as have been said. It's based on Vista core, so many things have been covered beforehand. That DX11 is not the one, but it should be relative cloise to DX10.1 so Windows 7, should be less troublesome in the beginning than Vista, but most corporates still wait untill SP1 for Windows 7 is out...

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]Well, well... light beta heavy filan version? I hope not. To Ellipz330: It should have bugs because it is beta :) But as have been said. It's based on Vista core, so many things have been covered beforehand. That DX11 is not the one, but it should be relative cloise to DX10.1 so Windows 7, should be less troublesome in the beginning than Vista, but most corporates still wait untill SP1 for Windows 7 is out...[/citation]
Most corporates will wait til their XP machines burn down before upgrading. My company just bought a few hundred HP workstations with Intel E4600 CPU to run XP and IE6.

[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]i'm definitely looking forward to win7 particually the 64 bit implimentation, i avoided vista ,becaue i ahd heard a ton fo bad stuff about it's 64 version ( and even worse stuff about xp's 64 bit version) I already had xp 32 so saw no real reason to move to vista 32 bit. but with the way win7 is looking so far , it might be my choic e aprticularly if it can offer better driver and game support than vista 64 bit did (many many games still dont work in vista 64 even with backward compat in use.) so yeah i'm looking forward to win7[/citation]

You are like the million others out there living under a rock, there aint nothing wrong with vista, and i sure as hell hope i never have to use xp again - i wouldnt use 6 year old hardware, same goes for my OS.

I'm sick of people rating things on how intuitive they are. That kind of property of a device or a software application is different for everyone and CAN'T be gauged by any one person.
And if you really don't get it, just google it for god sakes. 97% of the time that would solve any question a person asks me about this or that.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I have no problems with vista beyond it being a memory hog. And the fact that some older games and new ones alike have trouble running on a vista machine. But even with all that i think Vista is a big jump from XP, in a visual more appealing sense. Everything works on it how it should work. Its those that do not have the right amount of hardware for it that complain. A $600 pre-built PC from a piece of shit store does not do the job of being able to run vista. My two cents.

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]giovanni86[/nom]I have no problems with vista beyond it being a memory hog. And the fact that some older games and new ones alike have trouble running on a vista machine. But even with all that i think Vista is a big jump from XP, in a visual more appealing sense. Everything works on it how it should work. Its those that do not have the right amount of hardware for it that complain. A $600 pre-built PC from a piece of shit store does not do the job of being able to run vista. My two cents.[/citation]

yea havent upgraded to vista, i have an old slower hard drive and only 2gb mem
once i get those up to spec, vista64 or even windows 7 depending on timeframe

tirnaog

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Never had much problems with Vista64 on my Pc.
Clean install and I have tested a load of Apps. Including a lot of games. Runs my Civ4 very well.
Only problem I had was stupid HP wouldn't create a driver for my prter.
Buggers! My new Canon one though works great.
Win7 looks like a highly optimized Vista to me so far.
And if you aint 64bit now then hurry up and change over. :)

every time a hear people talk about windows being unstable i just have to shake my head cause they are clueless. windows is not unstable it the programs and drivers you add on to it that cause windows to be unstable and crash and guess what? windows doesn't make 99% of the programs and drivers you install on your crappy PC's which im sure most of the software your PC's is cracked. so here is a challenge for all you clueless people just install windows and nothing else on your PC and leave it for a week and i bet you vista will run like a champ

hannibal

Distinguished

They will indeed...
Just trying to say that there is not any harry in waiting full scale DX11 support :)
or many differences from Vista... It is just Vista with more time to mature. Givin this name "Vista SE" would be poor choice for busines... After all this not so earned Vista bashing. So Windows 7 it will be...

gwellin

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
I actually wish windows 7 would be exclusivly 64 bit. It is going to happen at some point. That way they can spend all their effort tweeking that out and it will force all the other company's to concentrate on 64 bit drivers. I currently have been running Vista64 for about 18 months and have never had a problem with stability. It is all the paranoid and inexperienced people that have bashed Vista for so long that it leaves a false impression in everyones minds.

hannibal

Distinguished
It has been confirmed by MS that Windows 7 is released as an 32bit and 64bit versions... So no 64 bit programs in big scale for a long time... But because win7 is vista se, it's not a big surprice that both versions 32 and 64 will get their face lift versions.
But yeah... pure 64bit would have been better. It most propably would have reguired longer support for XP and Vista. And that is not something that MS would like to do.

It they released Vista with ONLY 64 bit in the first place we wouldnt have all these people "oh its heavy, oh it crashes" etc cause they wouldnt be able to run on a crappy old Socket 478 or Socket A system which in its self is prolly the cause in the first place for all the issues.

Wouldnt expect Windows 3.11 to work on a Current Machine, and i wouldnt expect a current OS to work on a Windows 3.11 generation machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.