Windows 7 Beta may Arrive this December

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

who cares anymore, let these clowns pump out as many OSs as they want.

romans11

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Some called me an MS hater when I said I would not upgrade to Vista, just like they did when I shunned ME. Seems like having an OS flop every few cycles is becoming par for the course now. Hopefully, they got their ducks in a row for this one.

hannibal

Distinguished
It is Vista with new "fancy" toys like "multi touch screen" support. Everyone of us who has touch sensible screen can use it... all others wonder why vista2... sorry windows 7 is bigger and eats more memory than vista1...

If anyone was looking for major changes - like a completely new OS built on 'MinWin' like was rumored at one time - You're going to be disappointed. It's already been publicly confirmed that Microsoft aren't doing any major surgery. Win7 will be Vista with some of the originally planned featured completed/implemented.

./shrug

G

I still don't understand all of the Vista bashing. I've used it since beta, with zero problems, and now have it running on every computer I own, alone with 08 server where applicable. You douchebags with all the issues (perceived or real) need to STFU switch to a Mac already.

hannibal

Distinguished
Well Vista is indeed guite good OS, there only are so many prosesses going on, that it reguires hefty amount of memory to run properly.
I just hoped shat Vista2, ups windows7 would have been a little bit more streamlined version of original and not just a bunch of new "userfriendly" tricks...

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
I, personally, think that Win7 will improve on a lot of things that Vista sucked in. Remember that Windows 7 "Vienna" was planned long before Vista was. Vista was simply something to add in the big jump between XP and 7. I'm looking at XP as the Windows 98, Vista as the ME, and Vienna as the XP. I think it's gonna be fairly good.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Well this is a bit of a pain either way. If does have enough changes to be considered really new OS and not Vista with a new name then Vista users who upgrade to this may have to suffer through poorly to no drivers once again after its released. While if it really is just Vista again then MS better do whatever it can to mask that fact because sales will be worse than Vista.

G

[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]It is Vista with new "fancy" toys like "multi touch screen" support. Everyone of us who has touch sensible screen can use it... all others wonder why vista2... sorry windows 7 is bigger and eats more memory than vista1...[/citation]
I think not, windows Vista 7 is 7 servicepacks away from SP1.. lol..

Nono, Windows 7 is aimed for notebooks, and therefor it'll have a less heavy OS. It'll basically be a reworked from the ground updated XP OS in my opinion.
XP with DX10 support and HD for movies, as well as hybrid Flash HD drives,Sata 2/3 support and the newer USB?3? support as well.

Also optimized to support the newer intel processors with integrated graphic chips and memory controller; more advanced power options and ofcourse will probably support standard wireless N for notebooks (no more drivers for common wireless cards).

Also it'll support a new feat, when the pc is disabled completely, it will provide a low bandwidth connection with the network, enough for system administrators to update pc's in standby/offline mode, and for users to stream/upload multimedia files while the pc is off.

Alot of the newer implementations will be power-efficiency oriented.

For meI hope wecan go back to the days of doing everything out of the ordinary manual. Meaning,appart from plugging in a new device,all background activity must be set to a stop..
But MS, blind as it is, is continuing to bring forth the newer filesystem that will allow users to find files much quicer, and edit their multiple file-properties; thinking that users actually need that!

if you now rightclick on a file, and select properties, and select 'summary', how many files actually use this useless feat?
In my pc ZERO,NIHIL, NONE!
This is also useless artwork from MS; which I hope they'll get rid with, since hardly anyone uses it, and it takes up space and valuable resources!

David Gerard

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I am so excited about $NEXT_VERSION of Windows. It will go beyond just solving all of the problems with $CURRENT_VERSION, it will be an entirely new paradigm. Forget about security problems, those are all fixed in $NEXT_VERSION. And they’re finally ridding themselves of $ANCIENT_LEGACY_STUFF.

Also, there’ll be $DATABASE_FILESYSTEM. It’ll be awesome!

I wonder how $NEXT_VERSION will compare to $NEXT_NEXT_VERSION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS