[SOLVED] Windows 7 Bluetooth Options Disappeared

MoonFartFlam

Honorable
Feb 21, 2017
It has been a tough few weeks of struggling to find a solution to the missing Bluetooth functionality in my desktop. With no such success...

My problem consists of having Bluetooth actively running in services.msc but having no icons or hints of it active anywhere else on the computer. The only other location it is present is in the program manager.

The device manager does not recognize it, the control panel does not offer it as an option and nothing shows up in the toolbar. It was working perfectly fine 4 months ago (when i last needed it), but has since not been noticed by my computer.

I have done uninstalls and re-installs of specific drivers, I have done the more simple tasks of changing startup to automatic/user privileges. Nothing gets further than the services.msc menu.

Last I checked, I had not one, but two devices Bluetooth capable on the following list and both were active four months ago when the Bluetooth worked.

I look forward to any suggestions to this ever bothersome problem. Thanks in advance!

- Windows 7
- Asus p9x79 pro
- Realtek RTL8188CU wireless dongle

Solution
I figured out the solution with no help from the internet.

I decided to check the bios as a last resort option. In there, the option for "bluetooth enabled" was on. So i assumed it would always be on. Instead of changing it, i just saved the profile as was and restarted. After the reboot, it worked again...

No particular reason why it was disabled in the first place, but now it works.

MoonFartFlam

Honorable
Feb 21, 2017
I figured out the solution with no help from the internet.

I decided to check the bios as a last resort option. In there, the option for "bluetooth enabled" was on. So i assumed it would always be on. Instead of changing it, i just saved the profile as was and restarted. After the reboot, it worked again...

No particular reason why it was disabled in the first place, but now it works.

Solution