Question Windows 7 BSOD driver recovery timeout GTX 460 and 560.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Well I'm not having much success setting up an old PC to use as a testing rig. It is older, but did work fine a few years back with a GTX 750ti. Now it just keeps crashing.

Specs:

Nforce 680i SLI lt motherboard

GTX 460 and also tried GTX 560, both I believe showed error code 43 in device manager even though driver 391.35 downloaded successfully.

Seasonic Prime Ultra 650W PSU. Using 2 separate cables not single piggy. Uh oh that's a whole different discussion.

Single DVD.

This happened before and I thought it was a bad PSU because I tried other drivers and nothing worked. The 460 I know nothing about, but the 560 worked fine in a different PC prior. I had to reinstall Windows 7 ultimate to get system to even boot properly. I installed a working HD 6450 to utilize the HDMI port so I'd have video, but now when I go in and set it to boot from DVD to just reinstall Windows 7 again I get a black screen if death with the msg: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware on software change may have caused this. Try to fix by... and gives me several options including the last which is reinstall Windows 7. Towards the bottom it shows status 0xc0000225,and then an unexpected error has occurred.

Everytime I boot from DVD with my official, authentic windows 7 ultimate DVD it crashes. I'm wondering now if the HDD is toast or what's going on.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Well I went ahead and cleared the CMOS by switching the jumper on the motherboard, and now startup repair has worked and I am now able to boot PC normally. I will run DDU again, and try to reinstall an old HD 6450 that I know worked fine and see what happens. If that works than I guess I'll try the 460 or 560 again but I am a little hesitant considering what has recently happened.

Last edited:

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
The HD 6450 works fine. I know this is a low power graphics card which does not require any extra power cables like the 460/560. I just don't understand why this is happening.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Moderator. Please delete this post. I should have posted this in graphics cards. I started a post there for this issue. Sorry, and thank you.