Windows 7 Build 7057 Leaked, Screenshotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Though run this unfinished version of Windows 7 would be assured that the final version, perhaps even for retail, will be available before the evaluation license expires.
What? I know that the inclusion of new user account icons is exciting, but please, contain yourself enough to write coherently.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]skine[/nom]What? I know that the inclusion of new user account icons is exciting, but please, contain yourself enough to write coherently.[/citation]
Lol, this is TH. What would you expect?

smfrazz

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
That's the big question. My take...is well before the holiday season. They would benefit from a boost in sales with new HW bundles for the holiday season, recession or not. I just installed it today and it does seem more stable. Whatever they've done to the IP stack is making my internet speed increase significantly according to www.speedtest.net. From a typical 20,000 kbps to 48,500 kbps for Comcast. Go figure...

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Yeah, this year it'd be awesome... Windows 7 is now more advanced at Beta than Vista was at RC... mainly since there's less compatibility problems. Downloading the 64-bit, crossing fingers for a better build than the 7000.

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
What's new under the sun? Nothing. Looks like Windows, so why the hype then? I'm sure this is a Microsoft intentional leak so people won't forget to buy Windows... again!

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
So my original beta I downloaded will still expire in july or when ever it was? Or can I update to this build from my beta build and then it lasts until march 2010?

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I have a feeling this isn't a real "leak" With such a good reputation for Windows 7 already Microsoft has to keep our interests and bait us with things like this.[/citation]

Do you honestly think that any of the "leaks" haven't been fully controlled by MS?

I'm not sure about others, but I'd really really like to have the Windows Vista skin available for use as well...not all of us have a bad impression of Vista. They have the Windows 2000 look, why not Vista?

G

@eddieroolz
for the task bar you can make it look like vista, just right click it go to properties then click use small icons

G

Is anyone of you old enough to remember the Win95 craze which was very similar to what I observe now? And how Win95 turned out to be a crap?

MS might not be able to design and develop a really good OS but they surely do know how to make media fuzz and stir interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.