Windows 7 Cant startup

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
Hello today ive been using my pc and it suddenly froze, cant move anything but the mouse cursor. so maybe i think its just a slight bug so then i forced reboot. now when it starts up its stuck at "starting windows" logo and after a few minutes there will be a fast BSOD but cant read because its too fast then the screen goes black. now it prompts me to Startup repair and start windows normaly, if i choose start windows normaly it will be on the same loop, now when i choose starup repair it prompted me on the startup window. at the moment its repairing for 2 hours and says "attempting repairs.. this might take over an hour to complete" now my question is how long will i have to wait. ive read some old forums that it took them few days before it was completed now i am willing go wait that long but im worried about the pc because it might overheat if i left it there for that long or will it be okay to cancel the repair and not damage anything..? i also tried booting to safemode but while it loads the drivers it jumps back to the startup and wont continue.. is there any other way ? i also got a word that reinstalling is the best way but i wont be geting the installation disk until friday and i need to use my computer ASAP

All I know is it can't be stuck there. But it's very rare that Windows is able to find the solution or be able to fix it. Do you think your hard drive is heating? If yes then I'd recommend you to shut it down right now. You should take it to a local computer shop nearby. Repairing probably won't cost you much.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
sorry about the vote down i accidentally cilcked because im on my phone and i dunno how to reply to a quote anyway its been 3 hours now it says it still attemptng to repair. i dont know if my harddrive is heating .. how would i know ? im stuck between waiting a few more hours or cancel. f i cancel what else can i do :(

That's okay, but yes, I'd say you turn it off. Just take it to a computer repair shop.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015

turns out a faulty hdd .. i bought a new ssd and reinstalled, thanks for all the help, you may close the thread now

Happy your problem was solved. An admin will close the thread as soon as they see it. :)