Windows 7 doesn't start Virtualization Technology even if it's activated in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Da Silva

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
When I enable "Virtualization Techonology" my in bios, Windows 7 starts with the Windows Error Recovery screen. That's the only change I do, so it's not worth restoring Windows 7 to another moment, and the "fixing errors" screen after that just stays forever. If I restart it, in Bios, it says that Virtualization is enabled. However, when I try to install the "Intel Hardware Execution manager" (HAXM) (Because I want it for developing Android Apps and it goes slow when I try to make a virtualization of an Android Phone), it says it's not yet activated. It says: "This computer meets the requirements for HAXM, but Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is not turned on. HAXM can be installed but will not work until VT-x is enabled. Please refer to the Intel HAXM documentation for more information."

Windows 7 x64, 8Gb Ram, Intel I5-2400. BIOS firmware just updated. Biostar H61MH Mainboard.

Victor Da Silva

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Update: Now I re-enabled it and it doesn't send me to the Widnows Error Recovery Screen, but even though is enabled in BIOS, it still sends me the same error. And also Microsoft's Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool says it's disabled...
PE4ubJQ.jpg
8AsSVs4.jpg

Update 2: Also, Hyper-V is not even shown to disable or enable in Windows Programs, so that's not it.

Victor Da Silva

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I was just actually checking that website, but the only important thing I found is the "disable Hyper-v" option, but I don't even have it installed. Trying to make a deep search in google right now.

rjj21664264

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

I have the same question with you. I enable VT in bios, now when I restart windows, it stays in the error recovery, cannot start windows normally. Could you tell me is there solution to solve the problem?

Victor Da Silva

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Still no answer :/

0Lucifer0

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014

Im running Windows on a mac pro so there is no Bios this was a simple fix. installed virtual machine and virturalization is now enabled.

berzerx64

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014

dmig

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
I have a similar issue...
But it is in fact avast AntiVirus virtualization service which is blocking the VT-x for other apps but itself.
I had to completly uninstall the AntiVirus in order to be able to proceed to install HAXM, disabling Avast services was not helping at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.