Windows 7 Error boot it says, Veryifying DMI Pool Data. Need Help Urgently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Stone

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
It says,
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Boot From CD/DVD
Boot From CD/DVD

I downloaded windows 7 long time ago when I first got my computer has to be 3-4 years now. And now it pops up this doesn't allow me on my computer at all. Really need help urgently I have class I have to do homework for. I looked up multiple forums on this and none has helped they all say I have to put in windows 7 disk again which I don't have. Need a way to fix this.

Matthew Stone

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
No I installed the disk years ago like I said. I just lost it during a move. I don't do piracy either. Don't judge off the bat man not cool. I got this copy from a friend that works for Microsoft. His name is John Roller if you don't believe me next time get facts before saying I do piracy.

Matthew Stone

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
So basically you are saying I can't do anything if I don't have the windows 7 disk? typical Microsoft screwing people over on their money. I spent a lot on this computer I can't afford a new one during this time I am in college and can't afford much.

D

Deleted member 217926

If that just happened out of nowhere it is likely your hard drive died. Did it just start out of the blue?

If you have a legal copy of Windows 7 with a legit serial number you could borrow a copy from someone and try a repair. If you copy is not legal we can't help you.

Matthew Stone

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
How can I get the serial number to it when I can't get into my computer to check it. You guys are no help at all. I have to pay 100 or more just to get another windows 7 copy. Not cool microsoft not at all

do you have your licence key? you can download an iso of your version of windows from microsoft and use a free program like imgburn to burn it to a dvd.then its a simple matter of booting from the dvd and performing a startup repair. dont do a clean install as you will lose all your data.not judging you,its just i hear a lot of people saying "i lost my disk" when that isnt exactly the case.lol.hope this helps you on your way. try taking your hard drive and installing it in another computer.you should then be able to access the drive to find your serial. barring that just burn the iso to the dvd and see if it will do a starup repair without inputting the serial key.

D

Deleted member 217926

What kind of help would you like? The kind that goes back in time and tells you that hard drives die 100% guaranteed and if you had any sense at all you would keep up with your copy of Windows because you might need it again. The kind of help that teaches you personal responsibility? Yeah sounds like someone else's fault....Silly Microsoft not giving away Windows for free.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's in the box the Windows DVD came in.

from the advent of windows 95 one simple axiom has been drilled into peoples heads over and over and over. once you have installed windows put your install disk in a safe place. another important rule that is emphasized as much is backup your files. i use macrium reflect (free) to clone my disk. if my main drive has a problem or my windows gets corrupted it is a matter of about half an hour and i am up and running again. i am a mechanic by trade and still know these things that you claim ignorance of. i know its easier to blame someone else for your woes rather than owning it yourself but sooner or later you will be called on it. in this case sooner. you have been given some advice to try here. i would get started if i was you.

popatim

Titan
Hmmm. First he says he downloaded it, then he says John gave it to him...

Thats very suspicious right off the bat.

MS adds keys that have been found on the net to its 'non-genuine' database so if you don't have the original disk sticker to prove you own it your pretty much up the creek without a paddle.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Tom's Hardware doesn't support Piracy:

stop_piracy_sign_zpsa5dfd69a.png

Piracy

When someone installs and uses commercial software without paying for the program, it is called "pirating" the software. This name comes from the traditional meaning of the word "pirate," which is a sea-faring criminal that steals and loots belongings from others. But far from the stereotypical sea pirate, a software pirate can be anyone who owns a computer. Software piracy is committed by simply downloading or copying a program that a user has not paid for.

Since computer programs are stored in a digital format, they are easy to copy and reproduce. For example, a game may be burned to a CD and transferred to the computer of an individual who has not paid for the program. Software programs can also be illegally downloaded from the Internet from unauthorized sources. Since pirating software does not require many resources, it has grown into a major problem for the computer industry.

While it may seem like an innocuous act, pirating software is the same as stealing. Software companies often invest thousands or even millions of dollars into creating the programs they sell. The income from selling these programs is what allows companies to produce the software and to continue improving the programs we use. Just because it is possible to copy a software program does not mean it is OK. Installing a commercial program from an illegal copy is the same thing as walking out of a store with the program and not paying for it.

While there are some programs that are free to use (such as shareware and freeware programs), it is important to pay for commercial software. You can avoid software piracy by only downloading software from authorized sources and making sure that you have valid software licenses for all the programs you use. Remember that paying for software programs supports the software industry, which is good for all of us!

techterms.com

259v3vq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.