Windows 7 Failing to Boot.

feyburn

Reputable
May 16, 2014
I have been having booting issues with windows 7 on my wife's PC for the past few months and honestly I'm fed up with it. We are currently running BIOs ver 2.6 from MSI. I have tried clearing the CMOS & this I have tried re-installing Windows 7 multiple times. I have even had it fail to install Windows 7 on occasion. Once in a while we get the OS to boot but only after several hours of messing with it. We currently are running everything at stock speeds. I have checked what parts I can including installing the OS on a different HDD, putting the RAM in 1 stick at a time & on my other PC, I can't check the CPU since I only have one board running AM3+ (the other board is running FM2+). I have pulled the GPU and re-installed that. I'm really out of ideas at this point other than to try an RMA but I know how fun those can be. Any advice at all would be of great help.Thank you in advance.

AMD FX-6300
MSI 970A-G46
MSI Radeon HD 7770
Kingston KHX16C9B1BK2/8
Windows 7 SP1 - 64 bit
Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL
Seagate ST1000DM003

OK - sounds like it POSTs and loads Bios.

Do you get any errors reported? In a dump file on c:\? If you can post error codes, that'd help.

Does it ever run well enough to be able to download and run HWInfo - Sensors? If so post the output.

Have you tried swapping out bits? eg does your hdd work in another pc? Your power supply?

Does it run enough to be able to do a system restore? If so, try to restore back to before you were getting problems.

Is 2.6 the latest Bios?

Have you tried a Bios or CMOS reset?

feyburn

Reputable
May 16, 2014

No error messages other than windows failed to load properly and it has me do a boot check & I have tried to do a system roll back but continues not to boot.

Right now I can't get it to boot at all so I don't have access to any of the HW tools installed on the PC.

Yup tried the HDD on another computer & have also installed different HDD into the current build. I have also tried 2 different power supplies. Both work on my FM2+ build without an issue. and I've tried hooking up the CX750M from my FM2+ rig to this one and still get the same problems.

Yes, 2.6 is the latest version of the BIOS that MSI is offering for the 970A-G46.

Yes, I have tried the CMOS reset.

Yes, It does post & it will load into the BIOS screen, that's the one thing that I do have access to lol.