Windows 7 for 30 USD(Students Only)

pafundi

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Here is the link for the Microsoft Windows 7 for students. You must have a .edu email. I told the representative that I needed the version that could run virtual XP and that I was going from Vista Home. He said I needed the full version of Windows 7 Pro. He took my credit card info over the phone and sent me a confirmation email to my student address. As long as you are going rom XP or Vista home to Win 7 Professional, you get the full version. If you want the disk, they charge you an extra $5.00 plus tax. Hope this helps!

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-7-Professional-Upgrade/product/8BB1A4B4

One thing that should be mentioned about the program is the fact that MS can check to see if you are actually a student yet. So, your @xxx.edu e-mail address may work yet in order to get the offer, but if they feel like it, they can make you send in some sort of record that you are enrolled in at least 0.5 credit hours. If you cannot provide the verification, they'll probably make you pay the price of a full retail version.

Figured I'd throw that out there.