Windows 7 fresh install shuts down without login

OptimusI

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
I have a windows 7 machine that lost the hard drive. I put a new hard drive in and reloaded windows 7 and it now goes through start up, says loading windows and then immediately says logging off and shutting down and turns off. This happens in both normal and safe mode but if I use last known good configuration it boots fine until I reboot it. It's an Asus mobo and a 1TB WD HD. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Solution
So I found another thread with almost the same problem saying that the keyboard was causing the issue, unplugged the ancient Dell multimedia keyboard I was using and now it starts perfectly everytime.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, the little moon button that's supposed to put these computer into standby was stuck down causing it to immediately shut down.

OptimusI

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
So I found another thread with almost the same problem saying that the keyboard was causing the issue, unplugged the ancient Dell multimedia keyboard I was using and now it starts perfectly everytime.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, the little moon button that's supposed to put these computer into standby was stuck down causing it to immediately shut down.

Solution