windows 7 install issue

grenick85

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Having major issues on installing windows 7 64bit onto my new gaming rig. I never have done a Legacy UEFI build before and have no clue what type of hard drive settings and format I should have in the bios so windows will work with my hard drive. I'd love any suggestions on bios settings to get this to work, i'm soo lost... thabk you for your time. Rig specs. Msi z97-g45 gaming mobo, seagate barracuda 2tb hdd, 2x4gig ripjaws ram, Intel i7 4770 proce, Msi 760 4gb twin frozr gpu (not installed yet)

grenick85

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
the manual literally has no "bios start up" settings. Worst manual I have ever seen before. I'm definetely having issues with the hdd, I have switched sata's went from on board dvi to vga, when I get to instal and click install it wont move once it hits expanding windows files.

grenick85

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
It does have a internal speaker, I haven't hooked it up yet, not sure if it can POST test, Don't know the difference between ami and Ibm bios, this board was released weeks ago and I really dont know much about it obviously, this board wasn't my pick of choice because of that, but This build is for my friend and its what he wanted.

grenick85

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I might be over looking the obvious here right now. Just read compatibility list for mobo, hdd, optic dvd, and power supply. out off all of these none of the hardware I have shows up on the compatibility list. Could this be my problem? If this is the case would it be easier to find a mobo that is compatible with all of my hardware or vise versa?

OK - so attache the internal speaker to where it shows on the motherboard manual.

The only compatibility issues with motherboards are -
1. Does it fit in your case?
2. Is it compatible with your RAM? - see motherboard and ram websites for compatibility. If either says OK then there shouldn't be problems.

So put in the speaker and check your ram/mobo compatibility and post back

grenick85

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Just was able to get back to work on the build, I cleared CMOS, redtored bios to default, plugged in mobo diagnostics speaker, no beeps, went to install windows and wouldnt load, noticed that this cheap POS disk drive would randomlly stop spinning. changed the disk drive with a different one, windows installed fine! lmao