Windows 7 install problem...(Big Problem *i think*)

Aug 31, 2018
■ [strike][/strike]Was installing windows 7 on my pc through a CD... Had a problem with the old windows 7 so wanted to change... Afmt installation stage i thought to install in 2nd drive i e Drive D and thn remove the old one afterwards but when the pc restarts during installation it started over.. so i though to change it to 3rd drive i e Drive E. Still same problem but now my drives are having lesser soze thn the required size.. what to do now..?? And why it starts over during restarting?? Ny priority for boot is 1 CD 2 HDD 3 floppy. Plzz help

Solution
Windows does restart while installing. You just have to let it start up and finish installing. If you stop it and force it to load the CD again, it just boots the CD and allows you to start the installation over. You only need to boot to the CD the first time.

How many drives do you have in your system? Do you only have 1? It creates partitions on the drive, and this may be what you are seeing.

Is there any data on the drive you need? If not, restart the install, and delete all the partitions on the drive, and install to the empty space. It will create the partitions needed, it will reboot and continue on with the installation.
Windows does restart while installing. You just have to let it start up and finish installing. If you stop it and force it to load the CD again, it just boots the CD and allows you to start the installation over. You only need to boot to the CD the first time.

How many drives do you have in your system? Do you only have 1? It creates partitions on the drive, and this may be what you are seeing.

Is there any data on the drive you need? If not, restart the install, and delete all the partitions on the drive, and install to the empty space. It will create the partitions needed, it will reboot and continue on with the installation.

Solution
Aug 31, 2018
Well i have important data . And also i have a system restore point.. will that help after formatting the drive and installing?? Will it do the work?? ... And TRIED the priority to be 1 HDD 2 CDROM the first time but it won't even load... Just a blank screen :(

The system restore point won't so anything - it is tied to a previous install. Your data needs to be backed up on another drive before you do anything else to this drive,or get another drive to install Windows on, and then connect this drive as a secondary drive to get to the data.

When you set the CD as the first boot, it should ask if you want to boot to the CD. You would want to if you are installing Windows. Once it does this the first time, any additional boot's, you need to let it boot to the HDD to finish the install.