Windows 7 laptop has internet connection. States it does not have internet connection.

Apr 10, 2018
Please do not ask questions like, did you try another wifi, did you try another ethernet cable, did you try another router.

Windows 7 on an hp laptop.

It's connected to the internet. However, Windows and/or some Microsoft Office programs states that it is not connected to the internet.

I am on the internet right now, sending you this question.

The icon near my wifi signal near the clock has a yellow triangle and exclamation point staying no internet access.

I would not even care, but I tried to fix the installation of microsoft office because outlook was not starting properly. I used windows Program manager. Repaired installation.

Well it reinstalled apparently, and wiped the activation.

Now if I open outlook,excel or word it says, please activate your product.

I try to activate the product, but then before trying, it says, you are not connected to the internet.

I am unable to activate the product and I need it to get stuff done. On Monday, it will lock me out of the software I need.

The only related issues with internet working but windows behaving as if it is not connected were much older or involve re-installing windows, which I would like to avoid doing.