Windows 7 no internet access

ThisIsAnfield08

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Hello, I haven't been able to access the internet through my laptop for a few days now. You're my last attempt at solving this before I reinstall the Windows.
Yes, it's the classic "connected to wifi but no internet access". The thing is i've tried connecting through different wifi's, directly through the cable or with safe mode but still no luck. I also tried any methods of solving this that i found online with no success.
Yes, I'm taking into consideration that this might be a hardware issue, but I'm hoping it's not the case.

Solution
Hello... Yes... a re-install/re-fresh only takes 15-30 minutes... and the OS will be back to safe/default settings for a connection if everything else is properly working. GL B )

Most the time people are not ready or have media/procedure to do this... Glad you can for this situation.
Ok, so if you tried everything, what about the drivers?

If no other Wifi hotspot is working, then most likely it's the wifi card. But you said you tried ethernet as well, and that didn't work? And when you said safe mode, you did try safe mode with networking, correct?

What model laptop is this?

ThisIsAnfield08

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Yes, I've tried connecting the internet cable and didn't work. Of course, safe mode with networking. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron n5110.
I think it's also worth mentioning that i had some trouble with BSOD errors a day before this happened.

Ironsounds: No, I don't have any of those.

Well, as you already stated. It's a hardware issue. If it doesn't work with other hotspots, safe mode, or even wired...it's the hardware.

Also with those BSOD, that could be an issue that it's probably time to replace them. Replacing it is pretty easy. Just pop up the back panel, remove the mini-PCIe and replace it.

ThisIsAnfield08

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
There are 6 devices:
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Hello... Well basically you need to setup a "Home network" in the OS for each type of communication Device listed in the device manager, or what ever you want to use from the List.... using the "network and sharing center" app in your Device manger... have you opened up that screen yet?

Hello... 1) the "Connection" "home network" is in the OS.... that needs deleted and re-created... not in the router... B /

2) Logging in to the modem will allow you check active and current status of the internet provider to the router... Or make custom/security changes... enable/disable WIFI output/use.... but this verifies a connection/communications to the router from your PC B )

2b) depending on the router you should see a 'green" active connection/description PAGE/screen from the router to the internet provider. OR "Status" Up or down?... walk through the screens to verify this. B /

Hello... 2c) Verify your router is connected to the ISP.

another OS option would be to re-set your internet setting back to "default" ... Device manager-internet options-Security-reset all zones to default level.

AND set Lan detect for automatic... Device manager-internet options-connections-LAN settings-Automatically detect settings.

1) Does anybody else have access to your OS or Router?
2) have you changed or added any security/firewall app
3) have you installed any APPs or adjusted any settings before this happen?
4) is it possible to enable the router WI-FI and PC Wi-Fi connection for a test?
5) Are you in a lightning prone area... it's possible the router it self could be damaged from this and are easy to exchange/replace/TEST from the ISP... if you give them a call they can determine if they can see/read your PC/router connection too. B /

ThisIsAnfield08

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
I know for a fact the router is not the problem. I've connected to at least 2 wifi connections from different providers and I'm sure the problem is with the laptop.
I'm sorry but I think I'm gonna try and reinstall the windows and if that doesn't work, replace the hardware. I thank you a lot for your time but I'm simply tired of searching for the problem and I lost hope. Anyway, it's not a tragedy.

Hello... Yes... a re-install/re-fresh only takes 15-30 minutes... and the OS will be back to safe/default settings for a connection if everything else is properly working. GL B )

Most the time people are not ready or have media/procedure to do this... Glad you can for this situation.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS