Windows 7 not installing from USB stick to A78M-E35 mobo

IainL1984

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Hi all,

Just built my first PC and am trying to install Win 7 from a USB stick (have no optical drive on mew device). Have installed win 7 to the USB using WinToFlash.

It seems to boot fine but when I get to the screen where it prompts me to select which language win 7 is to use, keyboard set to use (US, etc.) and so on everything freezes entirely. Even the light on the keyboard goes off and the hard drive refuses to switch off, with me having to switch off at the mains. Have repeated several times. MSI bios is working fine. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Iain

Solution
Hi Reyaz123,

Eventually solved this but not through your advice. The problem was that Win 7 does not recognize USB 3, so the OS did not see the keyboard and mouse when plugged into USB 3 ports! When I transferred the mouse and kboards to USB 2 socketa everything worked OK.

I'd still like to thank you for taking the time to answer my query, it's hugely appreciated to a newbie like myself and I recognize the fact that you took the time to try and help me in solving this. I'd like to be able to help you with a problem you're experiencing one day but consider this pretty unlikely given the fact I'm not the best at computing!

Again, thanks,

Iain L

IainL1984

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Hi Reyaz123,

Eventually solved this but not through your advice. The problem was that Win 7 does not recognize USB 3, so the OS did not see the keyboard and mouse when plugged into USB 3 ports! When I transferred the mouse and kboards to USB 2 socketa everything worked OK.

I'd still like to thank you for taking the time to answer my query, it's hugely appreciated to a newbie like myself and I recognize the fact that you took the time to try and help me in solving this. I'd like to be able to help you with a problem you're experiencing one day but consider this pretty unlikely given the fact I'm not the best at computing!

Again, thanks,

Iain L

Solution

TRENDING THREADS