Windows 7 not recognizing internal hard drive

ryanvox

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
Windows 7 not recognizing internal hard drive. Hard drive spins. No clicking noises when spinning. I replaced the motherboard and still not being recognized in Disk Manager, Device Manager, or BIOS. Tried different sata cable, different computer. Nothing. I am not sure what else the problem could be.
Like I said above the disk still spins and there is no clicking indicating the heads are damaged. So my first thought was the board was dead. Replaced that and still nothing. Not sure what else it could be. It is a 2TB Western Digital WD20EACS. Thanks in advanced for your help

Solution
WD green. is it under warranty or is it over 2yo? the greens, have in my experience, a very short lifespan. (the aggressive head parking system creates a lot of wear)
is there data on it you need? sounds like the drive is borked.
you changed systems which changed all the variables leaving only the HDD as faulty.
return it if you can, has a 2 year warranty.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
WD green. is it under warranty or is it over 2yo? the greens, have in my experience, a very short lifespan. (the aggressive head parking system creates a lot of wear)
is there data on it you need? sounds like the drive is borked.
you changed systems which changed all the variables leaving only the HDD as faulty.
return it if you can, has a 2 year warranty.

Solution