Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2021
Hi!I've been trying for a week now to install Windows 7 to the following configuration:
MSI B350M PRO-VDH
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
ASUS Radeon RX560 STRIX
2x4gb Patriot Viper RAM
1TB Seagate Barracuda
500gb Crucial P2
I've tried installing Windows 7 in the past,and i actually succeeded,but not i can't get it to work,even with MSI Smart tool or the GIGABYTE utility.
Now,when i try to install it,it gets me through the setup,but when it says "Completing Installation" i get a BSOD with the "BAD_POOL_CALLER" error,and I've tried installing it on my SSD and HDD if that has any relevance.
I just want to get back to the good old days of Windows 7, Windows 10 is boring,and i know that Windows 7 is no longer supported,blah blah blah,but i can take care of myself online.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
use this to update a CLEAN and RAW win 7 iso. it will take a long time so start it and go to bed.

this will allow it to install, the usb ports to work and so on. i've not had my iso fail to install on any new hardware amd or intel.

edit: oops here's the link lol

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads...SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper

* note, this iso will now only work on new hardware and will stop working on older hardware due to the changes being made. so keep that first iso around for that use just in case :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
use this to update a CLEAN and RAW win 7 iso. it will take a long time so start it and go to bed.

this will allow it to install, the usb ports to work and so on. i've not had my iso fail to install on any new hardware amd or intel.

edit: oops here's the link lol

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads...SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper

* note, this iso will now only work on new hardware and will stop working on older hardware due to the changes being made. so keep that first iso around for that use just in case :)

Solution
Dec 23, 2021
I think it's a hardware problem...even using the software you recommended i get a BSOD,but now after the first restart,when "Starting Windows" is showing up...
Edit:it worked on my HDD,but i can't use my keyboard and mouse in the OOBE

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the mouse and keyboard not working should be fixed by the software. but the first troubleshooting step is to try them in usb 2.0 ports if possible. the updater should have put the 3.0 drivers in there but it can be hit or miss. it has worked for me 100% of the time but that does not mean you can't be the first fail i have seen :(

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,

I’m trying to install Win7 on my new build (as to why, it’s simple: I’m not a fanboy of SaS bloatware) but there are some obstacles I’m not sure how to fix:
  1. Is it imperative to have Compatibility Support Module enabled to be able to install Win7? I’m asking this because unfortunately I can’t find a way to enable CSM on my motherboard. I read somewhere that’s because AMD Ryzens with Integrated Graphics Processors (IGP) do not allow CSM. Is this true? Does this mean I have to buy a new CPU and discrete graphics card to be able to install Win7 or is this the motherboard’s fault?
  2. I´ve also read that Win7 doesn’t install (obviously) the most recent USB drivers, and when you start installing the OS your USB hardware freezes. Can this be circumvented by using a PS/2 keyboard and mouse during installation and then manually installing the missing USB drivers?
  3. Can I install Win7 on a NVMe M.2 drive? Or do I have to use SATA SSD instead?
  4. From your experience, and assuming I’m able to fix all the problems with the drivers, will I end up with a stable and efficient OS?
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.
This one is almost a year old.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS