Windows 7: Over 175 Million Licenses Served

Status
Not open for further replies.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
175 million suckers in the world. Every microsoft OS is touted as "the best one evar!!!111" and then it turns out to be just another software turd. A virtual steaming pile of poo. Sorry microsoft, but you lost me at Vista. I'm a Ubuntu Linux user now. I'm not putting up with your crapware any more.

G

@wotan31: i had thought the same, i was almost unwilling to even try the beta of windows 7 but i was so suprised when it turned out to be good that i have been using it full time since the first functional beta. I will admit that it is by no means perfect but it is definately a big step in the right direction.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]175 million suckers in the world. Every microsoft OS is touted as "the best one evar!!!111" and then it turns out to be just another software turd. A virtual steaming pile of poo. Sorry microsoft, but you lost me at Vista. I'm a Ubuntu Linux user now. I'm not putting up with your crapware any more.[/citation]
Well, to be expected I suppose from the biggest troll on the forums.
Seeing as they lost you at Vista, that means you have no idea what you are talking about. Anecdotal evidence garnered from other trolls doesn't count.

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
well ya its gonna sell.. the people had to wait.. what was it..10 years for a new OS.. im not sure on the time but however many years it was it was WAY too long.. and vista doesnt count.. windows 7 is what they were trying to do with vista but failed miserably.. it'd be nice to not have to wait 10 years + for a new operating system to come out.

randomizer

Champion
I only wish you could remove IE8. Yes I know someone will point me to the "Turn Windows features on/off" dialog, but that does nothing but remove the executable. All IE8 libraries remain because they're dependencies for too much of the rest of the system. To me it's just an unnecessary security risk.

Win 7 is pretty nice. Every time I go back to Vista there's a few little things that I miss that are in Win 7. I could live with Vista though. I'm still hoping to move to Linux for most things, since I'm going to need a reasonable amount of Linux knowledge for work.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Well, to be expected I suppose from the biggest troll on the forums.Seeing as they lost you at Vista, that means you have no idea what you are talking about. Anecdotal evidence garnered from other trolls doesn't count.[/citation]
Hey! you said the biggest was me... consistency is not your strong suit.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]jesman1985[/nom]well ya its gonna sell.. the people had to wait.. what was it..10 years for a new OS.. im not sure on the time but however many years it was it was WAY too long.. and vista doesnt count.. windows 7 is what they were trying to do with vista but failed miserably.. it'd be nice to not have to wait 10 years + for a new operating system to come out.[/citation]
I know i will get heavy thumbs down for this...

I dual boot XP and Vista Ultimate for years and frankly unlike the majority i found Vista to be great, I never had any issues except installation ram troubles pre SP1... Vista wasn't near as bead as everyone made it out to be.
That being said i would never install Vista on one of our work machines and i am already pushing out Win7.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]175 million suckers in the world. Every microsoft OS is touted as "the best one evar!!!111" and then it turns out to be just another software turd. A virtual steaming pile of poo. Sorry microsoft, but you lost me at Vista. I'm a Ubuntu Linux user now. I'm not putting up with your crapware any more.[/citation]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajclDMj3oYA

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]Hey! you said the biggest was me... consistency is not your strong suit.[/citation]
This isn't like juggling 2 girlfriends, are you seriously arguing over which of the 2 of you is the most annoying troll? If you want it that bad then I recant, Wotan31 can be the 2nd worst troll if it's that important to you... jeez

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jesman1985[/nom]well ya its gonna sell.. the people had to wait.. what was it..10 years for a new OS.. im not sure on the time but however many years it was it was WAY too long.. and vista doesnt count.. windows 7 is what they were trying to do with vista but failed miserably.. it'd be nice to not have to wait 10 years + for a new operating system to come out.[/citation]
We are talking about operating systems dude, not your 10 mb media players. With every new OS come some new hardware and software standards to which public has to adapt. The longer an OS lasts, the better it is because it shows its stability. BTW, who would like to spend like $400 every 2 years for a new OS. Ghosh, count me out!

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Actually bought myself Windows 7 Ultimate Retail. Haven't purchased an OS separate from a system since Windows 95. Great work Microsoft for making something worth buying. LOVE Win7!

[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I know i will get heavy thumbs down for this...I dual boot XP and Vista Ultimate for years and frankly unlike the majority i found Vista to be great, I never had any issues except installation ram troubles pre SP1... Vista wasn't near as bead as everyone made it out to be.That being said i would never install Vista on one of our work machines and i am already pushing out Win7.[/citation]
I have to agree with you - I ran Vista Ultimate starting from about a month or two after release, and I never had any significant problems with it, and I actually preferred it over XP. 7 is better still, of course, but I never understood all of the complaints about Vista.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]I only wish you could remove IE8. Yes I know someone will point me to the "Turn Windows features on/off" dialog, but that does nothing but remove the executable. All IE8 libraries remain because they're dependencies for too much of the rest of the system. To me it's just an unnecessary security risk.Win 7 is pretty nice. Every time I go back to Vista there's a few little things that I miss that are in Win 7. I could live with Vista though. I'm still hoping to move to Linux for most things, since I'm going to need a reasonable amount of Linux knowledge for work.[/citation]
Ooh jeez! I uninstalled IE8 using Windows Features On/Off and I literally couldn't open a single file on the desktop! Error that "web browser is unavailable"...weirdest crap I have ever seen. Couldn't believe some DLL dependencies was the culprit for running anything off the desktop.

As to you and your comment about Linux, I suggest you dedicate a computer to Linux and use it for awhile to get used to it...you will notice it will take some time if you are not familiar with it...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]cjl[/nom]I have to agree with you - I ran Vista Ultimate starting from about a month or two after release, and I never had any significant problems with it, and I actually preferred it over XP. 7 is better still, of course, but I never understood all of the complaints about Vista.[/citation]
Try digging a little deeper into the OS and not just sitting on the desktop...it was/is an IT nightmare! M$ couldn't market to us IT people with the typical marketing BS of M$-the-greatest-products-below-Apple because we are not your average gullible Joe. [and wait for at least SP1s release]

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]I only wish you could remove IE8. Yes I know someone will point me to the "Turn Windows features on/off" dialog, but that does nothing but remove the executable. All IE8 libraries remain because they're dependencies for too much of the rest of the system. To me it's just an unnecessary security risk.Win 7 is pretty nice. Every time I go back to Vista there's a few little things that I miss that are in Win 7. I could live with Vista though. I'm still hoping to move to Linux for most things, since I'm going to need a reasonable amount of Linux knowledge for work.[/citation]

You should move to a remote wooden shack with no running water or electricity, your top secret data will be well protected.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Well, to be expected I suppose from the biggest troll on the forums.Seeing as they lost you at Vista, that means you have no idea what you are talking about. Anecdotal evidence garnered from other trolls doesn't count.[/citation]
Try again fanboi. I've been through Windows 3.0, WFW 3.11, Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2k, WinXP, and Vista. And each one was a larger and stinkier turd then the previous one. It's not "anecdotal evidence" as you say, but rather it is more than 25 years experience in the IT industry. But wait, let me guess, you're going to claim that Windows Seven is "the best one ever"? Hahahahaha! Now that's funny!

dertechie

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Try again fanboi. I've been through Windows 3.0, WFW 3.11, Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2k, WinXP, and Vista. And each one was a larger and stinkier turd then the previous one. It's not "anecdotal evidence" as you say, but rather it is more than 25 years experience in the IT industry. But wait, let me guess, you're going to claim that Windows Seven is "the best one ever"? Hahahahaha! Now that's funny![/citation]

You've used both ME and 2k/XP and you're claiming ME was better. Aww, he has fond memories of ME bluescreens.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]dertechie[/nom]You've used both ME and 2k/XP and you're claiming ME was better. Aww, he has fond memories of ME bluescreens.[/citation]
The BSOD is about the only stable feature in the Windows OS. Guess that's why they put the 'save' button in such a prominent place in all the Office apps... save your work often, before the random BSOD comes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.