Windows 7 Reinstallation - System Reserved partition gone

Nunusaur

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hello, I'm new to this forum!

I'm urgently looking for help because I don't want to end up going up to the guy who built it for me and spending another 60 euros. :(

I have two hard drives, an SSD (for the OS), and a WD Black Caviar (for storage). I plan to format my storage one as well, just to make sure there are no more malwares/viruses. I didn't format it yet though, wanted to check first if I could do a clean reinstallation on my SSD correctly.

This is what it looked like when I was doing a clean reinstallation:
Disk 0 Partition 1: 2TB
Disk 1 Partition 1: System Reserved
Disk 1 Partition 2: System

I deleted both System Reserved and Disk 1 Partition 2: System. However, when I installed the OS, it didn't recreate the System Reserved partition. The 2TB HDD also wouldn't show up, I had to assign a letter to it for it to appear. Then when I tried reinstalling the drives (such as for the graphic card, sound, etc), it installed some of the files on the 2TB hard drive, not sure why this happened.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

qp2bkx.png

joesklar

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
You don't have your System Reserved partition because you didn't do the installation correctly. It's not a major issue, so don't worry.
With regards to the 2TB, the reason you had to assign a letter is probably because it wasn't initialised after the installation of Windows.

When installing applications, there is always an option at the start for where you want it installed. Just look out for that in future.

joesklar

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
To get the system reserved volume, you need to format your HDD when installing Windows and once it's formatted, click 'new' in the bottom right corner. Then you will have 2 partitions for your SSD, and you select the bigger partition to install on.