News Windows 7 Reportedly Gets Secure Boot in Last Dying Gasp

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
I read thru all the comments. Everybody is missing the bigger issue about using 7. I have several PC's. All were on 7 till December 2022. I switched all 8 of them to 11 now. PITA. Don't like it at all. Always permission problems running and installing programs - new hurdles every day. I would've stayed with 7 ; I even still used XP in 7 until recent and had 7 running flawless on 3 PC's that aren't supposed to be capable of running 7 because the hardware is to new. But Google chrome is stopping support also and soon many sites will say you need to update your browser to view this page. It's the same reason I finally gave up on using XP in windows 7 - because of browser support. And most browsers are chrome based, so Ubuntu here I come; I think. I can't decide which distro I want to go with and it's hard to learn new stuff at my age.

Soo. . . switching from one version of windows to another is such a tectonic shift in thinking that you just can't even. . .

And to solve this problem you're going to switch to Linux?

404 page not found.

Always permission problems running and installing programs - new hurdles every day.
I don't have problems with permissions or installing programs. And I run a Standard account as my daily driver.

I would've stayed with 7 ; I even still used XP in 7 until recent and had 7 running flawless on 3 PC's that aren't supposed to be capable of running 7 because the hardware is to new.
x86 backwards compatibility is a wonderful thing isn't it? You can run MS-DOS bare on a Ryzen if you wanted.

But Google chrome is stopping support also and soon many sites will say you need to update your browser to view this page. It's the same reason I finally gave up on using XP in windows 7 - because of browser support. And most browsers are chrome based, so Ubuntu here I come; I think. I can't decide which distro I want to go with and it's hard to learn new stuff at my age.
Nothing's stopping you from getting the source code for Chromium, building it yourself, and modifying the code that makes it not work with Windows 7, if there's really anything at all.

D

Deleted member 14196

Boo hoo

time for a change. Quit whining

The only constant in Life is change. Time to grow up

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS