Windows 7 RTM Cracked With OEM License Key

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tektek2000

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I for one can say.. i am not the one who did it! besides.. WIN7 is a good product.. one that would finally be worth buying... from china/thailand and other countries that get it for much cheaper!!

gmcboot

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
This is not a bad thing for Microsoft. This will allow more people to get into Windows 7 and use it, get hooked on it, then when SP1 comes out, those users will have to buy a version or go back to XP or Vista. If Windows 7 is really as good as an OS as some are saying, then those people or a significant portion of them will buy it.

sticks435

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
[citation][nom]shadowkazama[/nom]"Microsoft wasn't able to block out the OEM BIOS hack for Windows Vista until it released Service Pack 1, leading us to suspect that the same could apply for Windows 7."That sill haven't stopped it. The OEM BIOS hack still works with SP1 and SP2.[/citation]
Yea, I had no problems using a modified version for SP1

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Microsoft needs the pirated versions in order to be able to boast this uber market share.
It has been known that over 40% of the installations are illegal if microsoft pulls them off the market they might lose that 40% thus they will make it hard enough so average joe will buy a license while any one that knows how to surf to the piratebay will just down a copy with crack.

[citation][nom]shadowkazama[/nom]"Microsoft wasn't able to block out the OEM BIOS hack for Windows Vista until it released Service Pack 1, leading us to suspect that the same could apply for Windows 7."That sill haven't stopped it. The OEM BIOS hack still works with SP1 and SP2.[/citation]

Second that - they CANNOT stop it as they said it will disable ALL activations of that class/brand etc like Lenovo etc

G

I thought 7 wasn't released yet?
I think it's pretty easy for them to change the serial algorythm of OEM DVD's before the first OEM DVD hits the retail market.

The only way it might still work is with early versions released on devices with preinstalled OS.

G

This is the 21st century, m$ is not run by bill gates anymore. The only people that really know what a program or operating system is "really" doing are the people that made it. There is no way that m$ hasn't built in some new technology to tell them exactly what they need to know at all times about who uses their software especially their OS. Back in the NT days a researcher in another country found several backdoor keys for just about every security agency in the world hidden within windows NT and published a paper about it. He also discovered that m$ had their own backdoor key. He pulled out all the backdoor keys except for m$ key because when he took out the m$ key the system crashed and would not work anymore. I forget now who this researcher was but I bet he is either working for m$ now or dead and I bet his research has been removed from the web.

G

Pretty soon they will be offering Windows 7 Ultimate for $19 dollars a copy so that all the poor farmers can run it on their high tech gaming rigs.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Good luck with the Windows 7 hacks, when many or some of those hacks will install with the key generator a virus or a info re-stealing program of your private info etc. Then when caught the original hackers will give you up quickly when threatened with a long prison sentence. If thats the case don't drop your soap or another kind of 7 may hack you!

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]Ohhh....I'm off to search the torrents the wonderful torrents of...well, you get the idea.[/citation]
I'm going to Google for them too :)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]duderth[/nom]how quickly your product is cracked is directly proportional to how successful it will be. People in marketing should seriously use this as a viable metric for predicting sales.[/citation]

I agree with you limitly.
May do my part in showing how successful Win7 is.

[citation][nom]gmcboot[/nom]This is not a bad thing for Microsoft. This will allow more people to get into Windows 7 and use it, get hooked on it, then when SP1 comes out, those users will have to buy a version or go back to XP or Vista. If Windows 7 is really as good as an OS as some are saying, then those people or a significant portion of them will buy it.[/citation]

Very true.
I personally question if Microsoft actually supports the mass pirating of the OS for a easy test bed...

ch42832n

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
[citation][nom]Fadamor[/nom]RTM happened a couple of weeks ago. Lenovo (shocker this is a Chinese company) obviously let one of their OEM-specific copies get "stolen".[/citation]

Microsoft should see this coming as they already experience the same crack with vista.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Yeah I think it's all REALLY funny and hope 7 keeps getting H@ to death. M$ deserves it. All silly how the rest of the world is in recession and the prices of ALMOST everything has plummeted. Everything except the price of M$7. That's why ppl use hacks cuz prices are just to high. If prices went down like %50 big MAYBE I buy. M$ U SUK HOP it lasts

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]PLATTERMAN[/nom]Good luck with the Windows 7 hacks, when many or some of those hacks will install with the key generator a virus or a info re-stealing program of your private info etc. Then when caught the original hackers will give you up quickly when threatened with a long prison sentence. If thats the case don't drop your soap or another kind of 7 may hack you![/citation]

Na, just get it from a reliable source, everything will be fine.

G

Still waiting for a real OEM to hit the boards. Then you don't have to worry about SP1, 2, 3...etc. It's real software without any need for registration or hacks. All my software is of this nature and have not ever had a single issue.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]stradric[/nom]If they knew about this type of exploit when Vista SP1 came out, then they have no excuse. That's just piss poor.[/citation]

Seriously tho, MS just doesn't care if it gets pirated a bit. It's goal is to have Windows in every home on every computer and if that means a few pirated copies, they are happy for it.

[citation][nom]sticks435[/nom]Yea, I had no problems using a modified version for SP1[/citation]

I don't think anyone does... the problem is that since almost everybody run a Windows version, not giving support to pirated copies could provoke a lot of damage. Microsoft is closing their eyes because they know it's a lost battle... now if the RIAA could understand that...

G

As far as i know the Vista BIOS hack still works with SP1/SP2 so i dont know what the article means by saying its been stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.