Windows 7 SP1 Screenshots Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Did not the perfect OS according to some fan boys on this site, "Windows 7" just get released several months ago? A Vista SP3, I mean Windows 7 SP1 is coming out fast for such a flawless release.

G

[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Did not the perfect OS according to some fan boys on this site, "Windows 7" just get released several months ago? A Vista SP3, I mean Windows 7 SP1 is coming out fast for such a flawless release.[/citation]

the quick service pack release is probably due to their need to get businesses to adopt win 7 since most wait till the first service pack to make the jump it makes sense to pump out the SP fast. Also this will signal the end for XP since one of the conditions of discontinuation have been met which is the first SP of Win 7. So this SP is more a adoption tool than a problem fix.

Bert R

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Damn, I knew Windows would screw up another perfectly good OS! The SP may be good, but they just HAD to change the language. Now I'll never be able to navigate to my controle pannle! Sigh.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
REALLY GUYS... COME ON! This is a service pack for Christ's sake, really no need for screens shots. Not trying to be disrespectful to the author here (because I know you guys work hard), but this is really not of much use to the readers.

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]technomyke[/nom]I doubt that SS is real. A new SP will means a new build number[/citation]
nail on the head. This is most likely a fake. And really, screen grabs from a service pack install? How more stupid fanboy-ish can you get?

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Yep, if they follow the Vista build number model it would show as 7601. Unless it isn't a completed service pack and therefore not advisable to install as you may get bricked later by the real SP.

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Is it just me, or is the quality of Tom's Hardware articles decreasing in quality every month?

If it's not a sensationalist story that doesn't have much to do with PC hardware, it's remarkably bland ones that have been ripped from other news outlets.

I guess I should just be thankful that the weekend joke articles are gone.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]the quick service pack release is probably due to their need to get businesses to adopt win 7 since most wait till the first service pack to make the jump it makes sense to pump out the SP fast. Also this will signal the end for XP since one of the conditions of discontinuation have been met which is the first SP of Win 7. So this SP is more a adoption tool than a problem fix.[/citation]
+1 Took the words right out of my mouth!

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Wooo big deal. SP1 pictures. What does it fix and what does it break?[/citation]
What part of "Windows 7 SP1 Screenshots Leaked" in the title did you not understand before reading the article and commenting on the "big deal" of SP1 pictures?...Or are you just another who wants to jump on the bash-tom's authors wagaon?...

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]What part of "Windows 7 SP1 Screenshots Leaked" in the title did you not understand before reading the article and commenting on the "big deal" of SP1 pictures?...Or are you just another who wants to jump on the bash-tom's authors wagaon?...[/citation]

I think we all like to bash Tom's.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]What part of "Windows 7 SP1 Screenshots Leaked" in the title did you not understand before reading the article and commenting on the "big deal" of SP1 pictures?...Or are you just another who wants to jump on the bash-tom's authors wagaon?...[/citation]

What about the "It's actually happening" bit ... that's pretty much a 'big deal' statement.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
In other breaking news, English alphabet and arabic number system that are used to write the name of Microsoft's next operating system, Windows 8, have been leaked.

This site has become a joke with articles composed by a bunch of partially retarded individuals who think stating that dust settles is news.

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]LOL leaked? ...I should be excited to see a windows update screen? I would like to know what it does.. but not really what it looks like.[/citation]lollll

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
All I can say is that those can be easily done via photoshop. What's important in a service pack is the changelogs, not screenshots. Unless there would be a major revamp in Win7 UI.

Lame article, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS