[SOLVED] Windows 7 startup error

Feb 11, 2020
I have two older desktops. Both with Windows 7 Ult SP1. One was used by a kid we care for just for games. Startup became slower and slower over time and hard drive errors started to appear. Finally, Windows would no longer start. It would just cycle through the startup process over and over. I did some checking and used the hard drive from my other computer in the kids and the same result with a good hard drive and good Windows install. I did some digging into his computer and I get the BSOD with this error code:
0X0000007B
(0X80786B48, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
The computer could not repair itself. I checked and tried a few BIOS changes with no luck. I'm no computer expert and need some help.I bought a new SSD drive and loaded Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. Works fine on my computer. Not on his. Same trouble.
The mother board is brand Gigabyte. The computer was put together from parts but has worked fine for over a year until now.

Solution
I put the original HDD back in and even with all its defects it would start. Takes 15 min to start and 10 min to shut down. The other two known good drives still give the BSOD.
You can't just use boot drive from another pc and expect it to boot.

Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. A lot of factors involved there.
Several possible problems:
boot mode compatibility - system doesn't boot;​
drivers compatibility - bsods and crashes and system performance issues​
windows activation problems.​

Reinstall windows.
Feb 11, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't see what exactly was happening on the video. I have googled the error codes several times. That's how I got to this website. None of the repairs I read about worked for me. Some of the suggested repairs aren't apparently possible on this machine as the choices listed in the help replies aren't available on this machine. Like switching from IDE to ACHI. Not available in the BIOS (or I just can't find it) and may be the problem. The thing just may be too old.

Feb 11, 2020
OK, A little more info. I put the original HDD back in and even with all its defects it would start. Takes 15 min to start and 10 min to shut down. The other two known good drives still give the BSOD.
The motherboard is a Gigabyte model GA-G41MT-S2P. The GPU, I guess you mean CPU, I'm no expert here, Is labelled Gigabyte, no number on it. The PSU, power supply, is AcBel 280W.
I'll start it up and see if I can get more CPU info. Gotta do some errands and I'll reply later. Thanks.

Feb 11, 2020
OK, according to device manager it has a dual processor. Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53 Ghz.
Also, I can plug in the other drives as additional drives and the computer reads them fine. Just can't use them as the primary.

I put the original HDD back in and even with all its defects it would start. Takes 15 min to start and 10 min to shut down. The other two known good drives still give the BSOD.
You can't just use boot drive from another pc and expect it to boot.

Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. A lot of factors involved there.
Several possible problems:
boot mode compatibility - system doesn't boot;​
drivers compatibility - bsods and crashes and system performance issues​
windows activation problems.​

Reinstall windows.

Solution