[SOLVED] Windows 7 successfully installed on M.2 NVMe SSD but OS won't load ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2024
Hello! So I have a i7-6700k with a Z170XP-SLI motherboard, these components fully support windows 7, so decided to install Windows 7 on my M.2 NVMe SSD. I was successfully able to install Windows 7 using rufus (GPT and UEFI) on a usb and also using the msi smart tool to insert necessary drivers for the install, mother board settings during install are, other OS, CSM off.

Now for some reason Windows 7 wont boot up, it gets stuck on the Starting Windows logo then goes into Windows error recovery, anybody knows what's going on ?

Mar 11, 2024
Im not sure what drivers were used, I used the msi smart tool, it gives the option to install the drivers, I tried enabling CSM but issue persist

Mar 11, 2024
Guys I have great news, after hours of trying to work this out and with your help I was able to make it work. What I did was I used the GIGABYTE windows 7 usb tool instead of the MSI, I mean after all my motherboard is a GIGABYTE not an MSI, so it prepared all necessary drivers and windows updates needed for this to work, cudos to GIGABYTE for keeping their product support up to date, Now Im able to run the legendary windows 7 with all manufacturers drivers its beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.