Windows 7 Surpasses 10% of Internet User Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Microsoft did an excellent job with Windows 7. I have been using it since the beta, and this is the first time I bought a Microsoft product without waiting for a service pack. I also believe this is the first MS OS that I have never seen a BSOD. Terrific job on 7 I have to say.

ivan_chess

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]dwave[/nom]Microsoft did an excellent job with Windows 7. I have been using it since the beta, and this is the first time I bought a Microsoft product without waiting for a service pack. I also believe this is the first MS OS that I have never seen a BSOD. Terrific job on 7 I have to say.[/citation]

The only BSOD I've ever had with Win7 was when the SATA cable to my main drive fell out while it was on. Win7 didn't even care until it needed something that wasn't already in the RAM. That's when I got the BSOD, although I can't blame Win7 for that.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]ivan_chess[/nom]I wonder how fast XP penetrated the market. That would be an interesting comparison.[/citation]
i remember win98 ppl bohooooing XP as the XP did on vista/win7

ivan_chess

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]i remember win98 ppl bohooooing XP as the XP did on vista/win7[/citation]

I guess it's like the transition from win98 to ME/XP all over again. How sad to compare Vista to ME...

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
anyone remember when Windows 2000 was THE choice for gaming OS?

then XP dominated that market after SP1 came out....

Vista was pretty decent OS but not great for gaming as it was actually slower than XP on many popular titles....

YAY for MS to get Windows awesome again after so many years!!!!

supere989

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
O M G~ ~ ~ ! ! !

Nothing was worse than the migration to Windows ME! Are you NuTZ!? Except perhaps for the Logitech input device users that had the Logitech software installed when they upgraded to Windows 2000 and their system BSOD! Omg and then the Driver war was on and everyone was pissed that microsoft didn't have drivers for there hardware and vendors decided .... oh ... well....ok i guess we will create drivers for Win2k but, don't expect to see them for another year.....failsauce vendors....Creative.com anyone?

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]i remember win98 ppl bohooooing XP as the XP did on vista/win7[/citation]Windows XP was garbage compared to Win2K. It stayed that way until SP2.

Brent_NC

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Our company is actually moving to Win7 from a 99% XP Pro desktop environment. I have Vista and Win 7 at home its absolutely painful for me to use XP anymore.

One thing I do have to note is that I have had about 3-4 BSOD since running Win7.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]ivan_chess[/nom]I wonder how fast XP penetrated the market. That would be an interesting comparison.[/citation]

I certainly want to see those numbers, I want to see the numbers for all the OS's.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]Brent_NC[/nom]Our company is actually moving to Win7 from a 99% XP Pro desktop environment. I have Vista and Win 7 at home its absolutely painful for me to use XP anymore. One thing I do have to note is that I have had about 3-4 BSOD since running Win7.[/citation]

Beccasuuusseeee?

yyk71200

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I rarely use XP anymore. My recently built desktop is windows 7 X64. And although I still have XP on my laptop in dual boot with Linux Mint, I mostly use Linux.

anarchy4sale

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]anyone remember when Windows 2000 was THE choice for gaming OS?then XP dominated that market after SP1 came out....Vista was pretty decent OS but not great for gaming as it was actually slower than XP on many popular titles....YAY for MS to get Windows awesome again after so many years!!!![/citation]

Damn we are old, yeah, I dont think anyone used windows 2000 after sp1, its amazing how they messed with the windows naming system back then.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... i'm hocked already... my laptop [h.p.] an desktop [u.e.] is all 7... there is some issues about sound in the way i used in XP, but does not work in 7... but there is way's around... and the benefits of 7... uuu... and the poor-man's SSD'like feature with readyboost(tm)... search in 7... network setup is awesome... not like 'it's just works', but it works for me...

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... i'm hocked already... my laptop [h.p.] an desktop [u.e.] is all 7... there is some issues about sound in the way i used in XP, but does not work in 7... but there is way's around... and the benefits of 7... uuu... and the poor-man's SSD'like feature with readyboost(tm)... search in 7... network setup is awesome... not like 'it's just works', but it works for me...[/citation]

Is this a message with radio transmission interference?

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I still haven't really seen a real difference between Vista and Win7 (at home and work as an IT professional for 20 years). Both work perfectly for me just as Windows ME did... go figure. Heck, I seem to be the only one who liked ME more then Windows 98 (which fixed all the problems I had with 98).

dgingeri

Distinguished
The X.1 editions always do far better. We learned that with Windows 3.0/3.1, Windows 95/98, and Win 2000/XP. Looking at the internal versions, Windows 95 is 4.0 while Windows 98 is 4.1, Windows 2000 is 5.0 while XP is 5.1, and Vista is 6.0 while Windows 7 is 6.1. Windows 7 fixed everything that was really wrong with Vista. It really doesn't surprise me that it is doing a lot better than Vista. These adoption lines are virtually the same as Windows 2000 compared to Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.