Windows 7 Tablet Gets CPU Upgrade, More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
It says play 1080p, meaning without hitching, I imagine. My netbook can play 1080p, whether it looks fantastically better than 720p or whatever is what's debatable.

Resistive -> Use whatever object as a stylus. Hellz yeah.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]mrddr6[/nom]So how can you view full 1080p on a 1024 x 600 screen?[/citation]

It means the hardware is capable of decoding HD content in real time. It doesn't say you can view 1080p.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Comparing this to the Ipad is like Comparing Grapes to Banna's. The Archos is a very cheaply made
device, it can not compete with the Ipad, the Ipad blows it away in Quality and software. Goto bestbuy
and put the Archos in your hands, you will be very sad.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Comparing this to the Ipad is like Comparing Grapes to Banna's. The Archos is a very cheaply made
device, it can not compete with the Ipad, the Ipad blows it away in Quality and software. Goto bestbuy
and put the Archos in your hands, you will be very sad.

crazymech

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
HDD on a tablet? Might as well use a HDD as a shovel for mowing the driveway and then put it in your pc afterwards. Slow AND fail-prone.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Comparing this to the Ipad is like Comparing Grapes to Banna's. The Archos is a very cheaply madedevice, it can not compete with the Ipad, the Ipad blows it away in Quality and software. Goto bestbuyand put the Archos in your hands, you will be very sad.[/citation]

I would like to check out the quality myself but when it comes to software you are less restricted than you are with the iPad.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Comparing this to the Ipad is like Comparing Grapes to Banna's. The Archos is a very cheaply madedevice, it can not compete with the Ipad, the Ipad blows it away in Quality and software. Goto bestbuyand put the Archos in your hands, you will be very sad.[/citation]
U R Funny
Ya know the problem with you Apple types? You just accept what ever Apple gives you.. they give you gold.. your like .. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!
They give you a pile of dog sh@t with a bow on it..your like Yaaaaayyyyy!
But PC people.. when MS gives us gold.. were like..cool.. but.. how about adding this..or i would like to see this..because we are very demanding and when they give us Sh@t .. we send it back.. Return to sender!
PC types.. are always wanting more freedom.. less intrusion and more functionality for less money.. Apple types.. well.. you just take your bagg-O'Sh@t and keep smiling. :)

G

How can you say the Ipad blows away the Archos in quality? Have you even touched an Ipad? We assume that Apple will be high quality, but then again, I haven't read much about Archos batteries exploding or starting on fire, plastic discoloring because of heat issues, or screens scratching for no reason. Both of these have happened to "quality" Apple products in the past. I will wait to reserve judgment on quality. As for software, if this thing is running windows 7, then it should be able to run any Windows programs right? And since it's an open platform, I can put whatever I want on it thank you. That being said, I want a multi-touch screen and then I will seriously consider it.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]I second this question! How does the resolution change?[/citation]

The device has a VGA port, so you can hook it up to your HD TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS