Question Windows 7 too slow in 2022?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
It's been a while now since I last had Windows 7 working without this issue, probably last semester...
The thing is that everything seems to work fine on Windows 7 apart from the browsers, which are way
too slow to open up and then surf on the web.
I've tried updating Windows 7 completely but the issue continues.

My explanation for this is that since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 in 2021, it started lacking
support from most software developers, in this case, browsers developers.

Could that be it? It's the only explanation I've found so far for this.

Any input on this will be great!

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
It's not my pc, the browsers work perfectly well on my pc on both Win10 and Win11. I like Win7 still because of its looks and simplicity
but this thing with the browsers is so annoying. Both CPU and GPU temps are absolutely normal.

My rig:

FX6300
8GB DDR3
Radeon R7 240 2GB
2 1TB HDD's and one 500GB with Win10
PSU: Generic 500W

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
My explanation for this is that since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 in 2021, it started lacking
support from most software developers, in this case, browsers developers.

Could that be it? It's the only explanation I've found so far for this.
Unlikely.
They wouldn't introduce code to make it run slower.
(unlike some other manufacturers)

Probably it is just a long term build up of gunk in your software.

A fresh install of Win 7, or preferably 10, would do wonders.

What type drive is this on? SSD or HDD?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
Unlikely.
They wouldn't introduce code to make it run slower.
(unlike some other manufacturers)

Probably it is just a long term build up of gunk in your software.

A fresh install of Win 7, or preferably 10, would do wonders.

What type drive is this on? SSD or HDD?

It is on a Seagate 500GB HDD and its health is fine according to Crystal Disk Info.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i run win 7 and do not experience any of what you are saying. runs just as quick as id expect it to from any OS. i see no difference with win 10/11 or linux from win 7 and i go back and forth pretty much daily.

got to be something wrong with your install. where did you get your win 7 iso from? anywhere but MS severs are you most likely have an altered copy which can contain anything and everything other than win 7 installer!!

try a fresh copy straight from MS using this tool. it goes with a direct link to the iso from MS servers

https://archive.org/details/windows-iso-downloader

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
i run win 7 and do not experience any of what you are saying. runs just as quick as id expect it to from any OS. i see no difference with win 10/11 or linux from win 7 and i go back and forth pretty much daily.

got to be something wrong with your install. where did you get your win 7 iso from? anywhere but MS severs are you most likely have an altered copy which can contain anything and everything other than win 7 installer!!

try a fresh copy straight from MS using this tool. it goes with a direct link to the iso from MS servers

https://archive.org/details/windows-iso-downloader

I've just tried this ISO Downloader but when I asked for a Win 7 iso it said Microsoft 'pulled' Win 7 and Office 2010.