Windows 7 unable to configure on hardware at end of install.

Clogboy66

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
I'm no tech or computer guru, but I can usually fix my own problems update and replace components as needed, so I help my friends a lot. I was replacing the hard drive and installng windows 7 on my buddies HP Pavillion dvd6 7013cl. At the end of the install it gives me a cannot configure device message and just sends me around in a loop of recovery options that don't work.
Additional notes...the original hard drive was failing the DST test so I told him a mont earlier it would be going out soon...e dropped it a month later and sure enough there was no recovering the oringal hard drive. He only hs disk 1 of the recovery disks so I am installing from a fresh win 7 home premium disk.
Am I missing something? How do I figure out which device is the problem? I can get to safe mode and boot manager during install, but how do I know what to disable? Or any other input. I feel horrible that i MAY HAVE GOTTEN IN OVER MY HEAD, so any input would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Hey there, Clogboy66!

I'm guessing you are installing a new drive, right. So is it an HDD or an SSD?
I'd suggest to check the connections to the drive again, make sure the SATA cable is plugged firmly.
You can also try plugging it in your computer and see if it gets detected properly.
Here's a link from MS's KB that might help you figure out what's the cause of this issue:
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this helps! Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, Clogboy66!

I'm guessing you are installing a new drive, right. So is it an HDD or an SSD?
I'd suggest to check the connections to the drive again, make sure the SATA cable is plugged firmly.
You can also try plugging it in your computer and see if it gets detected properly.
Here's a link from MS's KB that might help you figure out what's the cause of this issue:
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this helps! Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution