[SOLVED] Windows 7 will not activate

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_404

Prominent
Nov 20, 2018
I recently wiped a second hand Dell latitude 1545 Laptop that had windows 7 on it. It originally came with windows vista but at some point the original owner must have upgraded it. I extracted the product key using a registry tool. But now the laptop is refusing to activate and I don't have an option to activate over the phone. I tried running SLUI 4 but to no avail.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Solution
As Windows 7 is no longer supported it's no wonder that the telephone option no longer exists. Better to move to Windows 10. It can be run unactivated if desired, with loss of only a few features, such as the ability to customize the desktop background.
As Windows 7 is no longer supported it's no wonder that the telephone option no longer exists. Better to move to Windows 10. It can be run unactivated if desired, with loss of only a few features, such as the ability to customize the desktop background.

Solution
I also advise upgrading it to Windows 10. The good news is that with the product key from Windows 7 it is possible that Windows 10 will activate for you. I've had good luck with upgrading and activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 OEM keys. Albeit it was only 3 attempts, but I had a 100% success rate.

There are a couple of reasons for this. One might be the original owner bought an upgrade version of Windows 7 which requires Vista being installed to activate. If you want to stay with Windows 7, your likely going to need a new license. You could try to install Vista first, but there is no guarantee that is the actual problem. I am surprised there is no phone activation choice, as even XP (at least XP Office) has a phone (automated) activation number . You may get a phone number from this link; skip down to phone activation. https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html If slui.exe 4 doesn't work, run it without the 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.