Windows 7 won't boot, no safe mode, and error code 0xc1.

crs135

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I have a Dell Precision T7500 with W7 64 Professional. I want to do a clean install bc the machine won't boot up, go to safe mode, repair wizard doesn't fix it, and prior to this problem I was getting error code 0xc1 and spwizeng.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. But it will work on my laptop. That is using the original installation media. It boots to a flash of the BSOD and lands at the W error recovery screan and when the repair option is started it ends up not able to fix anything and shuts down.

Room mate says she turned off the computer while something was debugging, but I hadn't started any debugging program.

All she did was press the power button, not go through the start menu to shutdown option.

So I'm hoping someone can help me. The restore option didn't work.

At this point it would be nice if I could stop the BSOD flash so I could research an answer, or
help reformatting the HDD and cleanly reinstalling Windows.
TIA

crs135

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Got it working, partway. Still can't use the install disc to clean install Windows. Found access to a restore point using F8. Sorry for my panic, but still need help with Code0xc1.
Thanks