Windows 7 wont respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

touraunt

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hello,
I power up my HP, Windows account screen opens, however when I click on my account, so I can sign on, NOTHING HAPPENS! Mouse & curser working. Tried turning off the computer, waited 3-4min, then turning back on, THE SAME THING HAPPENS! Urrgghhh. HELP! Please?

Solution
Boot into safe mode. Select start using last known good configuration. If that does not do it, from safe mode select system restore and choose a restore point that you know was working.

touraunt

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

Thank you for your response! I did check if the mouse was working, which it was, but never thought about confirming if the left/right click wasn't working. If I should ever run into a similar situation, I will check my mouse thoroughly.

Again, thank you!

touraunt

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

Thank you DogSnake!

I did a reboot in safe mode and everything worked as usual.
So went back and rebooted normally, same thing, the cursor stopped working!
Again, rebooted in safe mode and did a search for anything I'd recently added to my laptop.

Bingo! I had added a wireless mouse a few weeks ago. Although it had been working fine until now, I was unaware of a support issue, which is probably why it stopped working!

Removing the wireless mouse and going back to my old one, solved my problem! Without your advice to reboot in safe mode, I wouldn't have been able to correct this on my own. I'm learning! :)

I appreciate you responding to my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.