Windows 7 won't shut down and ctrl+alt+del doesn't work

Jun 8, 2018
I have a pc with windows 7 and no working battery. The screen sometimes goes black, but gets normal again after 5-30 seconds. I have had my computer on or in sleep mode for a long time and decided that it was time to turn it off, but when I clicked on turn off, the computer never actually turned off, it didn't respond at all, and i could open and run programs just as usual, even if I clicked on turn off again it just kept running. I've even tried crtl+alt+delete, but that doesn't work either. Clicking the turn on button to hard shut it down just makes it fall asleep.
Please help!

Solution
It's ok, when i moved it, being forced to remove the power source it shut down because of the lack of battery and then i no more saw any problems at all, but if the problem reappears I will try opening the console. Thanks!
Jun 8, 2018
It's ok, when i moved it, being forced to remove the power source it shut down because of the lack of battery and then i no more saw any problems at all, but if the problem reappears I will try opening the console. Thanks!

Solution