Question Windows 8.1 black screen NO CURSOR

Aug 28, 2019
The other night I was watching some videos on youtube when the screen froze. I could still move my mouse but it was a really weird resolution non native to the monitor. The sound still continued. Then the monitors both went black. The pc was still on. I hard powered down and when booting it can't get to the login screen. The windows logo will pop up, load, and then after it's done what it has to do the screen just goes black. It'll be black for about a minute and then the monitor just goes to sleep, The pc is still running. It boots into safemode just fine and I checked the system log and it's report an error 41 unexpected shut down when I hard power it off like that. So that means even when the screen is black, windows is still running enough to know I shut it down. I would like to try to reinstall my video driver but safemode with networking keeps booting into normal safe mode? LIke I hit 5 when I get to advanced boot up features which is the right one and then it boots into normal safemode without networking. I tried to troubleshoot the no connection and it just told me it's not available in safemode. So for some reason it's booting into the wrong one. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much