Windows 8.1 build 9600

relic003

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
I Found windows 8.1 build 9600 on the lower right of the computer screen. I have no idea why and I can't get id of it. However I tried to activate windows 8.1 but it would not activate, and I never deactivated it. How do I get windows to activate? and why did it deactivate in the first place? Has anyone gone through this before, and are there any solutions? Windows was already installed when I purchased the computer and there was no key code attached to computer or paperwork.

relic003

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

Nothing has changed. How do I get to BIOS to get product key?
I am computer illiterate.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What is the make/model or your computer (if a branded system) or motherboard (if a custom system)? If stored in the BIOS, your system should pick up the product key automatically.

If you purchased the system from a store, a label with the product key may be affixed to the system somewhere as well. Please clarify.

relic003

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

relic003

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
I was able to get to BIOS and scroll through all items, but still could not locate product key, I know I'm doing something wrong...just can't figure it out. Pretty frustrating!
Is there maybe another solution?

relic003

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
I have a Toshiba satellite P875 S7102..... I found the product key, but because of the type of error it gives me no avenue to insert the product key. The error states that it is an outside of my realm problem. I quote....Call has failed because the value of the input key was not found by software licensing service.
error code 0XC004F012