windows 8.1 Compatibility? Please help!

Lewcrew

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I'm building a new gaming computer for christmas and want to know if my computer is compatible with windows 8.1 as i've heard there are some compatibility issues with that version of windows.
If my pc is not compatible, I will purchase windows 8, if it is... well, i'll go with windows 8.1 then!

Specs:
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
A-Data XPG SX900 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card

Please help as soon as possible! I'm planning to order my parts this weekend!!!
Thanks in advance!

RealBeast

Titan
You should not have any compatibility issues and would be wise to install 8.1 directly, plus you will have the 8.1 media (probably an image through download with your purchased key).

Keep your media copy and key safe as you will need them in the future.

Lewcrew

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

Thank you for the reply!
The only fear i have with windows 8.1 are the drivers for my motherboard. It doesn't say anywhere that my motherboard officially supports 8.1 with drivers. Will this be a problem?

Lewcrew

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

Oh, I feel rather stupid now. I did not see these drivers listed!
So that means i'm fully compatible with windows 8.1 then, correct?
Sorry for being stupid... I just want to make sure there won't be any issues. It would be a bit of a buzzkill to build my computer, buy windows 8.1, then find that something inside my computer is not compatible with 8.1!
Thanks for your reply!

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
To add to this conversation, you can often find that drivers listed for Windows 7 use will also work, so if you have an older laptop which doesn't have Windows 8 drivers listed on their website you can often use some Windows 7 intended drivers too.

Lewcrew

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

Thanks for the added info jwk3!
I bet my hardware will have drivers for windows 8 at the least. it's all pretty new hardware! this is helpful for anybody with old hardware though!
My friend is going to be building a computer with older, cheaper parts, i'll be sure to tell him this if he has trouble with windows 8!

Thanks for all of the input guys!