Windows 8.1 Disk usage 100% after driver update

Jan Verner Pulles

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2014
Hello,

So I downloaded Driver Pack Solution and it upgraded all missing driver updates. After that my computer was so slow when I restarted. I think problem is from hard disk. Intel RST was only loading and I uninstalled it - Didn't fixed. I tried to troubleshoot booting but it gave error:

Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC. Press “Advanced options” to try other options to repair your PC, or “Shut down” to turn off your PC.

Log file: D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Disk usage is only for 2 min at start up. Then It's all normal again.

I don't know what to do now.

Screenshot_12.jpg

Thanks

neieus

Distinguished
Have you tried uninstalling Driver Pack Solution? I don't know if I'd trust software to find and update the drivers for my system on it's own. You may also want to consider using system restore to go back to a point before you made all the changes since from how you describe you problems didn't start until after you updated everything.

Jan Verner Pulles

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2014

It doesn't give anything. Still 100%

It's just in folder. Useless to uninstall. I don't have system restore.
But after reboot my Intel RST was only loading, maybe this is why (I already uninstalled it, didn't fixed).
Something is wrong.

NB!: It's only at start, after 2 minutes everything is okay

foofaraw

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

What do you mean? It should show you which process is using the most resources. Look it up and tell us.

Jan Verner Pulles

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2014

Everything is normal, like spotify loads and then goes down again.
But it still shows 100%. I

foofaraw

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Run your PC in safe mode and see if it lags on startup. If it doesn't, you should try to roll back to the drivers you used before installing Driver Pack Solution. Honestly, that's the frist thing you should've done.

If it doesn't work and HDD scanning shows no errors, I'm out of ideas. ;)

foofaraw

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Can you boot into safe mode? If so use some software like Driver Sweeper to manually delete and install drivers you used before installing Driver Pack Solution.