windows 8.1 is not installing

tanveer singh

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014
My new pc configuration is

Amd fx 6300

Ga78lmt usb 3

Msi radeon r9 270x hawK

Wdc wd1003fzex-00mk2a0(western digital caviar black)

Corsair vengeance 8gb (4gb×2)

500w cx corsair psu

I have windows 8.1 iso so i make a bootable usb thumbdrive and started installing windows every things goes fine but when i clicked next in where do youbwant to instal windows :- "drive 0 unallocated space "
When i clicked next i shows (("we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.for more information ,sse the setup log file "))

And when i had press in "new" its show an error message "error 0x80070017"
Code:
Please help as i didn't know much about this!!!!

I dont have xp or 7 this the first time i am starting a pc and getting this problem

A google search for that error code reports that a lot of people have that error due to a corrupt installer (install disk or flash drive). How did you prepare that flash drive? You might want to go back to where you got it ready and redo it, making sure the source you are copying the 8.1 files to the drive from is good.

If you are copying the 8.1 files from a disk, make sure the disk is clean and not scratched. If you are copying a disk image, where did you download it from?

tanveer singh

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014
I don't have a optical drive i thought it is of no use so i didn't buy a optical drive for my build . .i am installing it with 8gb thumbdrive its windows 8.1 and the operating system is working properly on other bulid pc but showing this type of error in my case...:-(

Do you mean you used the same flash drive to install 8.1 on the other system?

tanveer singh

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014

ToineF

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014

Did you try to create a partition actually bigger than the free space you have? try lowering the space alocation

Latest posts