Windows 8.1 New Lenovo Laptop 100% CPU and Disk Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightsOwl

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
My girlfriends computer is literally a few days old, but she can't do anything because it just constantly keeps having those two issues.

Solution
New laptops have lots to do: Indexing, download & install updates, And things like that. I would set it to never sleep and set the power plan to high performance (leave it plugged in, ok to turn off the display) and then check it in half a day and see if it needs to reboot. If its still doing this after a day of having the system to itself then I would call Lenovo since if its a hardware problem you'd have to go thru all their troubleshooting steps anyways. If you get no good results, return it and get something else.

popatim

Titan
New laptops have lots to do: Indexing, download & install updates, And things like that. I would set it to never sleep and set the power plan to high performance (leave it plugged in, ok to turn off the display) and then check it in half a day and see if it needs to reboot. If its still doing this after a day of having the system to itself then I would call Lenovo since if its a hardware problem you'd have to go thru all their troubleshooting steps anyways. If you get no good results, return it and get something else.

Solution

AdrinGamerRO

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015

Thanks very much ... For my laptop a lenovo g50-70 intel core i7 4510u 26 3,1 turbo and 8 gb ram and a AMD radeon r5 230 m 2 gb the solution was the patience... i had this problem for 3 days and it finished without my help
Sorry for my english,i'm not english

Status
Not open for further replies.