[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 not recognizing the ethernet card. but on windows it does. how can i resolve it ?

chocolade13091972

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019
Now i have installed windows 10 pro and everything is working fine.

When I install windows 8.1 from bootable usb the windows 8.1 not recognize the ethernet card/cable. and since i don't have internet i cant even try to update download fix it.
I gave the windows 8.1 internet connection from my phone connected my phone to my pc with usb cable. but this is not a solution.

I tried to look at my gigabyte motherboard site for drivers for the windows 8.1 for the networking but couldn't find any.

This is my motherboard : gigabyte z390 gaming x-cf The link : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-X-rev-10#kf

The main problem is that I can't run the game battlefield bad company on my pc with windows 10. The game crash after the logo. and I tried anything I can. googled for any solution/s suggested but nothing helped.
The only way to workaround it is to install windows 8.1 install the game and the game is running fine on windows 8.1 and then to upgrade to windows 10. not a clean windows 10 installation but upgrading to windows 10.

So I have two problems :

1. Not internet connection when installing windows 8.1 from bootable usb.

2. After installing windows 8.1 and installing all updates with my phone internet connection and it's taking a lot of time I can't upgrade to windows 10 but that's another problem I will issue later in another thread.

chocolade13091972

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019
Do you have the ability to download the LAN driver from Gigabyte on a different computer and save it to a USB drive? Then just install the Ethernet driver off the USB drive on this machine.

Yes i can download it and save on usb or external hard disk but i didn't find the lan drivers from gigabyte to windows 8.1 or at all.